|21|

Strong but exhausted 

***

I wake up again to the streaming light of my window.

Hunger.

It's caving into my stomach.

I missed dinner.

Again.

I groan, stretching out my arms. A scream leaves my mouth when I see a figure sitting on my bed.

"It's just me Lexie," Atlas says his blue eyes critical as they watch me bang against the headboard of the bed.

I'm panting, gasping for breath as I try to regain my composure.

"Sorry I just...wanted to apologize...for what I did last night."

He glances away, his eyes guilty as he looks out the window.

I'm still clinging to the covers, eyes wide as I take him in and the soft morning light that folds around him.

"Breakfast is about to be served. And then we'll go train."

I nod dumbly, watching as he gets up and leaves.

It takes me a few seconds more to regain my bearings.

Slowly I roll out of the bed, shaking off the studder of my heart that Atlas had caused so early in the morning.

I change into red shorts and a light blue shirt, pulling my hair back with a glittery blue band.

Looking into the mirror, I almost wish I had regular clothes- clothes that were black, white and grey and maybe had an edge of lace. That didn't look so childish. Part of me wanted Atlas to look at me. Another part didn't.

The smell of breakfast lured me down, making my feet go that much faster down the stairs as I walk into the scene of the pack eating and laughing with each other.

Some pause to take me in. Other continue with their morning, nodding or giving me a quick smile.

"Over here Lexie."

Lilah's voice catches my attention. She's pointing to a chair that is across from her. A chair that is to Atlas's left.

The seat of the Luna.

I quickly swallow back whatever fear is rising in my stomach as I walk around and sit in the chair, trying desperately to ignore the eyes of the pack.

Atlas already has a full plate, eggs and various meats resting on it.

He hands me one, setting it in front of me.

"What do you want to drink?" The question is directed at me. I hesitate, unsure of what he is doing. "Water?"

He looks at me, before setting a glass of water and orange juice down in front of me.

"You need the vitamin C." I don't really know what he means by that. I look down at my paint splattered hands. Maybe it's something to do with how pale I look. But that's just because I don't venture outside often.

"Thank you."

I'm not big on breakfast. Most of the time I'm not big on meals. I don't often eat on regular intervals. Instead I'll eat when I remember it- to absorbed and caught up with the work of my painting.

I take a few bites of the egg, feeling it revolt in my stomach, and so decide to move on to the bacon and sausage. Only a nibble is taken out of it.