Chapter 111

Chapter 111

Len.

"I knew you guys could do it!" Miku clapped her hands together and smiled at me and Rin. We had concluded the meeting with our duet of Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder, and our performance was much, much better than last time. The reason for that was obvious but unspoken, though; Rin and I had just gone through a very turbulent week.

"I can't wait till the concert," Rin smiled, suddenly leaning towards me and giving me a quick kiss. I heard Kaito say 'awww' and Gumi clapped.

"I can wait," Miku shook her head, "We still have so much to do, you guys! Tomorrow, we're practicing at Rin's home again! Anyone who doesn't show up gets smacked with a you-know-what!"

"A leek!" Kaito laughed. Miku smacked his back playfully and we all left the room, on by one. Gumi pulled Yuma along and we followed, walking down the hall. Rin clutched my arm and rested her head on my shoulder. She was smiling, I could tell. Her happiness almost seemed to radiate from her.

"We did a pretty good job, don't you think?" She said. I nodded.

"I just hope we don't mess up during the actual concert," I said with an uneasy laugh. She looked up and kissed my cheek.

"We'll practice till we're perfect," she said with a nod, "Do you want to go see your mom, Len?"

I nodded and looked at her. We stepped out of the school and walked across the yard. "You don't have to come if you don't want to."

"But I do want to. Remember what you said this morning? You need me, don't you?"

I wasn't lying when I said that to her. I was being completely honest, but at the same time, I didn't want to drag her through everything. "I do, Rin. You're the only reason I'm at school right now and not lying in bed, sleepless with bloodshot eyes. Your...your presence, even, it comforts me."

"Len," she stopped walking and pulled me close. We were standing just outside the school. She pressed her nose against mine before whispering, "I need you, too. More than anything. I need your happiness, I need your smiles...that's why I'm going to go with you. I care about you."

I smirked. "I know that. You're head over heels for me."

She laughed and swatted my arm. "Kai will drive us there. I'll call him up right now."

Kaito.

I walked out of school with Miku. She kept looking up at me, and finally, I had to ask.

"What is it?" I frowned. She grimaced.

"Kaito, what's the matter?" She asked, tilting her head to one side.

"Nothing," I answered, "I guess...if it is anything, it's just that my quiz didn't go so well in Ms. Luka's class. And she gave me detention tomorrow, after school, so I won't be able to come to the meeting right after school ends."

"It's okay," she said, "I need to do something, though. You seem so sad."

"I'm not that sad!" I broke out into a grin, "See?"

"No, we need to do something...," she tapped a finger against her chin thoughtfully before looking up at me with big eyes, "Kaito...do you want to build a snowman?"

"What? But there's no snow!"

"Hmm...true," she smacked a fist against her palm, "Darn it! Do you want to...come to the mall with me?"

"Sure," I shrugged, "Are we going to buy clothes or something?"

She shook her head. "I have a much better idea. Come on!"