Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Oliver.

I stood by my English classroom door, notebook clasped tightly in both hands, pressed against my chest, as students walked down the hall, chatting and laughing.

Of course, I was the nerd here. I rolled my eyes. My teacher had promised to help me out with our assignment at lunchtime, but that crazy drunk was really not the most reliable person around.

I had respect for her, though. She was a pretty good teacher when she was sober, and she knew her stuff pretty well, too.

I rolled my eyes, foot tapping the side of the door impatiently. Now if only she'd show up...

As I waited, my thoughts wandered into the events of yesterday, when Rin had brought that Len kid to the music club. I had never really known Len very well; he used to be in some of my classes, but all we ever exchanged was an occasional 'hi' or 'bye' in the halls. I had never thought that he couldn't sing; I was just surprised by how well he could.

From the distance, I spotted Ms. Haku Yowane turning the corner with a plate in her hands. She walked with a distinct stumbling pattern, a pattern that I had seen oftentimes before.

That crazy lady, she's drunk again!

I stepped back as she approached the door, but I kept my eye plastered on her ditzy little face. She looked down at me as if I was a rat or something.

"Oliver?" Her speech wasn't slurred, so maybe she wasn't as drunk as she had been that morning.

I nodded. "M-Miss! I came here for help with my assignment!"

She examined me up and down. I stood still and wore a frown on my face, still hugging my notebook.

"Uh-huh...," she muttered, "Come in."

Kaito.

Once we had reached the ice cream truck, I put Miku down on a bench. There was a stupid grin on my face that I just couldn't get rid of.

"I'll go get us some ice cream," I said. She crossed her arms and scowled, but stayed on the bench.

"Get me a leek flavoured one!" I heard her yell as I pulled my wallet out.

I asked the man for one vanilla and one leek flavoured cone. The only reason leek flavoured ice cream even exists is because of Miku. All her fans eat leek flavoured ice cream at least once in a while, and it actually results in a ton of profit.

"Here you go," I announced, sitting down beside Miku and handing her cone to her.

"Kaito," she began, looking at her cone carefully.

"Yeah?"

She turned away from her ice cream and looked at me. Her hair was a mess from our little scuffle in the schoolyard earlier, but it didn't detract from her beauty.

"Why'd you do that?" She asked. I ran a hand through her hair, fixing it.

"Because you're my princess, Miku," I answered honestly. I watched as her stony face began to crumble and splashes of pink daubed her cheeks.

I ate some of my ice cream, watching her eat hers. She was nervous and anxious, and her hands were trembling.

"No," she turned away, "I'm not."

I cupped a hand against her face and leaned in closer. "I was being serious last night, Miku," I said softly, "I really meant what I said."

"T-Too bad," Miku muttered under her breath. Slowly, I leaned in and kissed her gently on her forehead. She yelped, her face redder than a strawberry.

"You idiot, now you've made my forehead all sticky!" She yelled, swinging her cone at me. I dodged easily and grinned.

"I'll clean it off," I said, "But I haven't got a tissue."

"No, you are not licking my forehead clean!" She said, getting up quickly.

"Whoa, I wasn't even planning on doing that!" I answered half-honestly, also getting up and walking up to her, "But since you seem so intent..."

I moved Miku's bangs out of her eyes and over to her ears, and then I placed my free hand against the back of her neck, pushing her slightly forward and closer to me.

"Kaito..."

Carefully, I kissed her forehead again, this time keeping my mouth there and gently cleaning off whatever residue of my ice cream was there. Once I was done, I backed up and wiped her forehead with my sleeve.

Could've just wiped the ice cream off, but oh well..., I thought to myself as I let go of Miku.

She ran off screaming like a maniac. "Kaito, you are so gross!"

Tell me, you guys. Is this too kinky and gross and weird? I really don't know. It's kind of cute, isn't it? I mean, he cares about her that much...

Yeah, tell me what you thought of that (weird, awkward, gross) scene, please! Your comments and feedback are super important to me!

Also, did you think the scene with Oliver was funny? I noticed that when I write as Oliver, I feel the most liberated out of all the POVs. Second would probably be Kaito. Can you guess who would be third?

See you next chapter/update!