5.Reunion

A/N: Sometimes I fear that if I don't update this more regularly then y'all might show up at my house with pitchforks and try to burn me to death. So HERE IT IS lol. Sorry, sometimes these take a little while especially with this fic cause it's got to be done just right to set it up for the rest of the sequel. I've literally scrapped and rewritten this chapter three times. I'll try and be quicker from now on. There shouldn't be as much of a gap between the next one since it's already partially finished. I had thought about making it a part of this chapter but decided that it needed it's own.

Also, there should be an update for shadow play done this week for those of you that are reading it! And if you like Blur/Gorillaz go and check out my new fic Charts of Darkness pllllleaseee. I'm also planning a couple of little Gramon one-shots that soon let me know if you're actually interested or if I should hold off on those. 

Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think. Y'all know your comments and feedback literally make my day.  Love you all <3

    After the interviewer had left Alex and Miles had procrastinated for a bit, not wanting to leave Miles old home just yet. Miles had pulled out one of the guitars he'd left in what had, for a brief time, been his bedroom. They'd spent about an hour sitting on the couch, Miles playing and Alex just listening intently.

"I'd forgotten how lovely you sound when you sing..." He commented at length. That hit Miles like a ton of bricks, causing his fingerpicking to falter.

"You actually forgot my voice?" He asked. That was a horrific thought. If Alex was capable of forgetting something like that then-

"No! Don't be silly. I could never actually forget what your voice sounds like Mi," Alex assured him. "It's just been so long since you've been happy enough to sing for me."

Truth be told, Miles can't remember the last time that he picked up a guitar let alone sang while he played. In the recent months, he hadn't had the motivation to do so. Between his shoulder healing, stress, and feeling as though his relationship with Alex was disintegrating he hadn't had the motivation for such things. "Guess I've been a bit of a miserable bastard lately."

"Can't say I've been much better," Alex shrugged.

"You have an excuse," Miles tried to justify.

"And so do you for putting up with me," Alex sighed. "It's been rough, there's no way around that."

"Still that's no reason for me to act the way that I did. I should have been more patient with you," Miles says as if scolding himself.

"You didn't act any sort of way, not that I noticed at least," Alex said.

"That's because you forget things Alex. You don't remember the way I acted towards you. A lot of the time I was not very nice and at a time when you needed me the most. I can't forgive myself for that," Miles sighed.

"Do we have to talk about this now? I just want to spend some time with you before I have to go back to Matt's. I've been missing you like crazy and I don't want to dwell on the negatives," Alex said. His tone is almost pleading. It seems that everything between them lately is just one drawn out sad note and it would be nice to have a change in melody if only for a little while. Sure, there are things that they are going to have to work out between the two of them if they want their relationship to stand a chance. That's a given. However, this is not the time for those thoughts and conversations. "Sing me that song will you? The one that I really liked?"

"That could have been any of them. I was under the impression that you loved all of my songs. That's what you've told me at least." Miles laughed.

"I do, but there's one. It's something I've been listening to a lot recently. Matt has all your record by the way. He keeps getting annoyed with me for playing them all the time, but Amelia seems to like it because your songs are so upbeat. He can't argue with that. It's... it's from the record where you're standing in front of your mum's butcher shop I know that but I can't remember-" Alex pauses for a minute to think before snapping his fingers in realization. "Don't forget who you are! That's the one!"