6. Remembrance

A/N: HEY EVERYBODY! Boy howdy, it sure has been a long time. So if you could please put the pitchforks and torches down that would be greatly appreciated! I did eventually keep my promise to come back and finish the thing it's just taken a lot of time to get everything fleshed out and back up to speed. Sometimes life gets in the way but this is a place I always circle back to between jobs, relationships, responsibilities, and trying to hold on to a shred of sanity some things just end up on the back burner.

When I started writing Aviation I was 24 years old and EYCTE had just come out. Today is my 31st Birthday. So, I thought it would be a fitting time to finally come back to something that has been with me for such a significant portion of my adult life.

So, in the future, you can expect to see both the release of Aviation 2.0 which I've been working on over the last year, as well as the continuation of Bourne identity. I'm also going to be starting a new story coming soon although it will not be TLSP. Instead, I'm going back to the most basic of my roots in fandom and doing a Sterek fic because they had to go and make a fucking movie and now I'm back in the pit of hell I thought I'd manage to claw my way out of years ago...anyways, that should be coming out this week so you can check it out if you want.

For now, enjoy the new chapter. There will be more to come soon. Thanks for being patient with me.

(Edit: Sorry, the formatting went kinda wonky when I uploaded this. It should be fixed now!)

The only light illumination the ballroom came from the exit sign...that and the cherry of a lit cigarette.

"You know... you're going to set off the fire sprinklers if you keep that up,"

"No, they were disconnected in here years ago." Jason reached for the pack sitting next to Alex.

"Wow, this place really takes their fire safety seriously don't they? I'll have one too..." Matt said reaching over across the floor where they sat on the hotel carpet that didn't look like it had been updated since the 60's. "That was..."

Jason interrupts "Anything you want to say, say it now." He sighed lighting the cigarette that dangled between his lips. "After tonight we never speak of this again, understood?"

"I don't think anyone would want to talk about it." Josh Homme is leaning back with his hands out behind him. Even in Jason's eyes, he seems in total control of the situation. He sits up looking over at Alex who nervously drawing swirls in the hideous orange carpet with his fingertips. "You did good kid. You played it smart," He says, clapping Alex on the back and causing him to drop the ash from his nearly burned-out cigarette.

"Doesn't feel like it," Alex admitted as he took the bottle of whiskey from in front of them and took a swig. He only wants to forget. Matt reaches over and wordlessly takes a sip as well, and then another.

"Fuck me, mate," He sighs. The four men sitting in their circle are silent for a moment.

"You'll make this go away, right?" Josh asks, addressing Jason.

"It will be like it never happened," Jason assured Josh. He then turns his attention to Alex. "Truth be told, I'm not sure why you chose to go through with this. That wasn't part of the plan."

"Bargaining chip I guess. In case we need it." Alex said finally looking up at the others.

"Does Cat know where you've been all night?" Matt asked.

"I'd assume so. Last I texted her was when Josh had gotten in saying we were going to have another round then I'd be up. If she's awake she's smart enough to have figured I'm up to no good by this time of night." Alex sighed "We talked about it earlier. I asked if she thought it might increase our chance of a clean break..."