1.Recovery

A/N:  Y'all ready for part 2?! This seriously took like a month of procrastination and physical agony to finish this. I was actually going to include a lot more into this chapter but then I decided it was long enough as is and adding the other pieces instead of giving them their own chapter would have felt rushed and forced in a way I would have been up happy with. 

Anyways, I'll just shut up now and let you enjoy it. I hope it's everything you've come to expect :D (STFU Ellie, you're not funny!) But no, really! I hope you like this. Let me know what you think! I love you all! <3333

Alex's eyes begin to flutter open. His vision is blurred and the glaring white lights cause shooting pains through his head making him close his eyes again. As he squeezes them shut, the remainder of his senses seem to catch up to his newly conscious mind. The air around him reeks of anti-bacterial. Alex has never been fond of the distinct hospital scent, but at least that coupled with the beep of the heart monitor next to him confirms where he is.

He doesn't remember how he got there, although he knows why. He can remember what happened on the beach with clarity and ease. However, he doesn't remember actually making it to the hospital. The last thing he can recall is holding Miles in his arms, then it all fades into a blurry nothingness. Miles... Miles....Where's Miles... He thinks as his eyes fly open again. He tries to sit up but finds that he can't manage it on his own. For some reason when he asks his arms to help prop him up they're having trouble with executing his commands. It's as if he's sending signals that aren't being fully received. He does his best to look around the room which causes his head to throb. It's then that he noticed that there is no one else in the room with him, simply an empty bed and a few vacant chairs to the right and a window with the blinds pulled shut on his left.

He tries to make a noise but finds that his throat is much too dry to be able to produce actual sounds. The inside of his mouth is devoid of all moisture, it's cotton mouth in a way that he's never felt in his life. The longer that he's awake the more sensations start to return to him. The pain in the side of his head is intensifying more and more by the second. Finally, he coughs and it sends what feels like a bolt of lightning shooting through him. His head is practically ringing and he's sure he's about to be sick due to the wave of misery that's overtaken him. He doesn't care about the pain though, all he cares about it finding out where Miles is. Luckily for him, a few seconds later the door to the bathroom swings open revealing Alexa standing in the doorway. Alex does his best to make a noise, alerting her to the fact that he's awake.

"Alex?" Her voice sounds hopeful if a little hesitant as she rushes to his side. Once she see's that he is, in fact, awake she presses the call button to alert the nurse who comes in to have a look at him. For a moment Alex forgets what it is he had been so worried about and can only concentrate on the pain in the side of his head which is being agitated by the woman now prodding the side of his skull. He'd like to avoid her but all he can do is screw his eyes shut and try to bare it as best he can. It comes as a relief when she finally raises the back of the hospital bed some he can sit up some and hands him water painkillers to take.

The water offers some Alleviation to the dryness in his throat. He can only guess that this is what the first rain of the season must feel like after long drought. The cool soothing liquid helps him to be able to find his voice again. Once the nurse leaves he looks over at Alexa. "Would you turn the light off? It's making my head hurt." He asks in a low rasp. She quickly stands and crosses the room, flipping the switch to extinguish the blazing florescents. She then returns to the chair next to his bed, taking a seat and watching him closely as if he were a rare creature she wanted to examine. With the lights out the small amount of sunshine that seeps in through the blinds is just enough to allow Alex to see where she is. When his eyes land on the empty bed behind he his thought immediately snap back into place and he begins to panic again. " Miles!" He wheezes. "Where's Miles? Is he ok? I need to see him!" He starts to insist immediately.