Got Your Back

Começar do início

I shrug. "I know we can make it work. It's been good so far." I say.

The door opens and Mitch stumbles in. "Hey Cae." I reply with a hello.

"Hello to you too Mitch." Auston says with an eye roll making me laugh.

"What are you guys doing?" Mitch asks.

"Bio." we both said. Then my phone suddenly rings. I see Mitch's face light up on my screen making me smile. I excuse myself and answer.

"Hey baby." Mitch says. "I miss you."

"I love you." I say.

"I love you more. I'll be home tomorrow." I can hear him smile.

"I can't wait."

"Me either. I gotta go baby. Talk to you later." he hangs up before I can say bye. I sigh and return to the living room where the two boys are eating the pizza which must have just arrived.

"You alright?" Auston furrows his eyebrows. I nod.

"If Mitchell hurts you, just know that we will be here for you." Mitch says.

"He won't but thanks." I smile, and Auston mutters something I can't quite hear.

"He's actually coming home tomorrow. They play Erie here." I say.

"That's great, we should all go to the game." Mitch suggests, and we all agree.

Auston hands me a plate with food and we watch The Walking Dead.

———————————

"Can one of you give me a ride home?" I ask. It's pretty late now, and I need to get back to the dorm and i'd rather not walk alone in the dark.

"Of course." Auston says. I gather my things and pack my bag before following Auston to the apartment garage.

The drive back to the dorm was comfortable. I learned more about Auston. He's actually a really nice person but he is a bit cocky at times.

"Thanks." I tell him once we reach my dorm.

"Anytime. Call us up if you need anything." He says and I nod.

"Goodnight." he yells as I walk in through the door.

————————————

Mitchell's POV

The bus comes to a stop and I quickly get up. I'm so excited to see Cae. It's been a few days since I lost saw her and I miss her. I speed quickly through campus trying to find her dorm. On my way I bump into Mitchell Marner. "Hey bro." I say/

"Hey. You looking for someone?" he asks.

"Have you seen Caelyn? Or know which way her dorm is?" I ask.

"She doesn't have class today. I think she had practice this morning, but she should be in her dorm now. It's over there by the student centre." He says.

"Thanks. Catch you later."

I run to the building behind the stu and see the door to the residence. After three flights of stairs and a crowd of students, I reach what seems to be her single dorm. I knock on the door but no one answers, so I call her, and hear her phone ringing. Then I hear a voice. It does not sound like Caelyn's voice. The voice is deep...

——————

Caelyn's POV

I finish my shower and get dressed. I'm feeling a bit sore already from this morning's early practice. I dress in some sweats and a crew neck. I hear a knock at the door so I go to answer it thinking it is one of the guys. "He— Dylan?" I ask shocked.

He looks at me nervously and opens his mouth but then closes it again.

"Dylan what are you doing here? You are the last person I want to see." I say before closing the door, but Dylan sticks his arm out and enters my dorm, then closes my door but does not lock it. He leans against the door and lets out a sigh.

"Look. I know you don't want to see me. You are angry at me. But let me explain myself. I want to apologize." He says. Then my phone rings in my pocket and I turn it off.

"I think you've said enough Dylan. I'm just so upset about what you said and did to me. We became such good friends. What happened?" I asked, tears threatening to spill.

"Cae-I'm so sorry. It's just Kendall she—, she's my ex girlfriend okay?! She hurt me, and we broke up months ago. But that night I left yours, it's because she called me. She was being sexually harassed by some guy at the club she was at. What kind of person would I be if I didn't help her. Who knows what could have happened to her. I guess after I took her home, things got bad after that. The next morning we talked things out, and we were okay again. She had me wrapped around her finger. I thought she had changed. I'm so sorry. I take back everything I said. I don't deserve your forgiveness. I just-"

"Dylan, I-" I interrupt before the door opens to reveal Mitch (S) standing there. He notices Dylan and his jaw clenches, his eyes darken, and he looks furious. "YOU!" he pointed at Dylan. He jumps at him and Dylan uses his body to defend himself.

"Mitch Stop!" I yell.

"ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS CAE. I COME HOME TO SURPRISE YOU AND I SEE YOU WITH THIS FUCKER OVER HERE?"

"IT's NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE! GET OFF HIM!" I yell.

"WHY ARE YOU ON HIS SIDE?" he yells.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO MY GIRLFRIEND!" Mitch screams at Dylan.

My eyes start to water. I started this. What have I done. I weed my way in-between the two boys, hoping to separate the two. Just as I see Mitch Marner walk through the door in shock, I feel a fist connect with my face. I instantly wince in pain and fall to the floor.

"JESUS WHAT THE FUCK MITCHELL!!!" Mitch Marns shouts in anger. He helps me get up, and I see Dylan giving me a look of worry, where as Mitch, my own boyfriend, gives me a look of guilt. "I'm so sorry Cae. That was meant for Dylan." his voice cracks.

"I told you to stop and you did not listen. Don't talk to me again. What changed you? This is not like you Mitch." I tell him.

"Cae I-" he starts.

"No Mitch. We are done." I say as tears threaten to spill out of my eyes. I feel my heart break, as I look at the boy I once loved. Everything gone.

Mitch marns threatens the two boys to get out of my dorm. Then he packs some things in my bag before taking me to his car. Once we get in the car, he looks at me with sympathy as I try to calm myself down.

"I'm sorry. I got some ice." Mitch (*Mitch will be Mitch Marner from now on*) hands me some ice for my eye.

"How did you know they would be there?" I ask Mitch.

"I bumped into Stephens on campus shortly after I saw Dylan go to your residence building. I knew something was up." he tells me. I smile at him.

"Thanks for being there." I tell him.

"I told you I would be there for you when he hurts you. Literally." he smiles.

I hold the ice pack to my eye as he drives off somewhere.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Back to mine. The dorm isn't safe for you. You can stay with Auston and I, we have two spare rooms in our apartment." He says.

"You don't have to do this-"

"I want to okay? Plus, I heard you can cook, and Auston and I are in need of a chef." He tells me, and I roll my eyes but smile.