I had co-produced a few songs for some local artists which received positive reviews from my professors and mentors.

At this rate, my future looked bright.

I had a lot of demos in my drafts waiting to be heard.

I had friends, my grades were fine and I was enjoying life. No drama so far. Haven't gotten in a fight with anybody here and I wanted to maintain that friendly image till I graduated.

"Jane. You've got to let Nick listen to your new demo." Kara gushed, tugging my arm.

"Ugh. Fine." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

Kara West, my best friend since highschool and future television reality show producer had been bugging me for a total of three days for her boyfriend.

Nick Geller, a full time idiot with the voice of an angel majoring in music had been dating Kara for a year and half now.

They made a hell of a gorgeous pair and I was pretty sure they could get into modeling even if their musical/entertainment careers failed.

Not that I wanted their careers to go downhill.

Nick and I got along quite well.  One of the main reasons being our passion for music. When we weren't singing or working on songs together, we'd be throwing sarcastic comments on Kara's irrational decisions.

I didn't want to let anybody hear the new song that I had produced because I wasn't quite sure about it, probably just a little insecure. I was scared that they'd be able to see right through me.

The drafted lyrics were a gist of a previous relationship of mine and although I got over that years ago, the pain behind the song still felt fresh.

"Hey." Someone nudged my shoulder.

I looked back, finding a very cocky looking Nick winking at Kara.

"Spare me." I cringed at him.

"Will you let me listen to it? Please?" He held my hands, sighing out loud.

"Why do you want to listen to this one so much?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because I am desperately in need of a demo to record. My cousin has some sort of contact with an agency and they're hiring. Please just let me listen to it. You know you're the only one I trust when it comes to music." He knelt down in front of me.

"Woah, woah, woah. Nicky boy. Get up. I'll.. I'll let you listen to it." I pulled him up as Kara smiled at us with pure excitement.

"Yes! Thank you so much! You're like my Savior right now." He hugged me so tight that I could barely breathe.

"Oh my Go-- get off Nick, I can't breathe." I chuckled, pushing him off.

"My babies, I love you both so much." Kara pretended to sob, wiping her invisible tears.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

We walked straight to our regular table in the cafeteria after getting our lunches and sat down in our usual places.

"So, you're saying that you want to audition for this agency with my song. I mean you don't have to pay me or anything but I'm just sayin---"

"What. Do. You. Want. Jane?" Nick dropped his burger, glaring at me.

Kara looked confused, nudging me.

"Well. I've already given you, like three of my songs for free and I want you to do something for me in return now." I kept my burger down, getting all serious.

"What?" He whispered, leaning in.

"I want this to be a duet. You and I. A duet." I laid out my offer, leaning back as I crossed my arms.

"What? Are you fucking kidding me? Hell yes!" He slammed the table, a wide smile playing on his lips.

"No way! Jane, you're ready for it?" Kara hugged me from the side.

I smiled, fist bumping Nick as I mentally took a note to start practicing the moment I get back home.

I don't know what urged me to take this decision. This song is very personal and I guess I just wanted to be a part of it. I wanted people to hear me singing this.

We continued eating our lunch in peace until I felt someone cover my eyes.

Without hesitation, I elbowed the crotch of the person covering my eyes and immediately regretted when I heard the person groan in pain.

"Oww, Jae-in. Are you crazy?"