Shortcut

Okay! I... Didn't think this through...

I stare at the, now cloudy dark coloured sky ready to rain.

It is currently 5:30 m.m. and it is getting dark. Plus it's going to rain and from my pion of view it'll be a big ass storm...

Clutching at my poor and thin coat that James and Tiffany bought for me, I search for a place to settle for the night. I walk down the streets with my hoodie on, so no one can recognise. A cold breeze flows past me making want to tighten my coat even more.

Next time I do a runaway from somewhere I'll check the goddamn weather!Ugh..

I take a turn to an alley and I look around to see if it is appropriate to crash for the night here. It seems fine as it has a roof from one of the buildings that is connected the other and a fair enough sized cardboard box to sleep inside. Unexpectedly and at the right time the storm arrives and I gladly take the box which is empty.

I carefully place it against the wall and flip it to the other side so it'll face the other side. I open my bag to find my old and little blanket and place my backpack as a pillow.

I lay inside the box fidgeting from the cold air covering my body with the blanket. I jump a little as the sky lights from a lightning.

After calming down I write on my trusted notebook what happened and I pull out my phone and turn it on so I can put the alarm on early.

James and Tiffany never knew I had a phone, I remember I had to steal a little amount of money every time they were drunk for a long period of time, just to buy a phone. The day I turned 14 years old, I bought my phone, I was so scared that they would find out... But they didn't.

I laugh quietly with the little energy I have left. A tear rolls down my face as I am really sad I left my old cracked guitar I found in the basement. It was in an enough good condition and they didn't even know I had it in my room. With the help of my phone I managed to learn how to play guitar... It's a pity I won't be able to play anymore...

I feel a wave of tiredness as I fight to keep my eyes open. I give up and fall in a deep slumber listening to the rain and dreaming how my journey will be.

???'s pov

Ugh... Why did I even agree in helping that guy?

I think as I open my ombrella so I won't get wet.

I have to admit though he did offer a good amount of money to kill those drugdealers.

I giggle evilly as the results of my plan went successful. Those guys were so stupid and useless at their job.

Now I know why their boss wanted me to get rid of them.

Turning my head to the right direction I have to go, an idea pops in my head. I glance at my left side to find an alley; a shortcut.

Since it is raining I decide to take the shortcut to my car not wanting to stay in the rain any longer. I need a car to go home since I live in a wooden cabin in the woods. So I walk through it.

Halfway in, I notice a girl in a cardboard box; sleeping. She is... pretty. She has (h/c) hair and (s/c) skin. I notice that she has a phone in her hands. So I kneel down and lightly touch her device to take all the information I need. There is not much in it, disappointed my eyes land on a old and scratched diary. I carefully open it to see all the information I need.

Not having enough time to read what happened to her I place it where it was and go. Smiling to the fact that now I have a new victim to play with.

*Time skip*

(Y/n)'s pov

*ring* *ring* *rin-* I turn off the alarm. '7:40' it says. Time to get going. I pack my things and and get up. *grrr* I clutch my stomach from the hunger.

Well at least I know where my next stop will be...

I walk out of the alley and go to a bakery to buy croissant. I have planned out go throuth the forest since it is a shorter way to go to the near by city. I take a bite out of my croissant and continue strolling my way through the city and to the forest.

Meanwhile, being surprised I haven't seen any policemen searching for me or posters on any buildings that hasn't got a picture of me.

Maybe.... They haven't noticed?
Or maybe they don't care... Nobody cares...

I enter the forest and pull out a map I bought from a shop months ago. Looking at what direction I need to go.

She turned her can't into cans and her dreams into plans.

A/n~
So here is a new chapter of my first book. Thanks for reading~ byeee~~

Lights (Darkiplier x reader) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें