Champagne Kisses, Awaited conversations, and Running in circles

Start from the beginning

"Also, you do realize that our moment is plastered on about every local newspaper this town has to offer," She said looking out the window.

This was actually the first time Chase had heard about this- but he should have expected it. Chase was a troublemaker but Skylar was always in the spotlight- not that it ever bothered him. Skylar's father was practically a legend, putting their small town on the map. On top of that Skylar's rebellious antics always fueled town gossip. So the combination of the two factors led her to be very famous in the town. Chase was also talked about- but not newspaper level talked about so he was startled upon hearing this, but he didn't show it- This was her world, he had to blend in.

"Did they get my good side?" he said teasingly.

"You have a good side?" She said with a faux-shocked expression.

"You would know, you're the one who has been staring at me with those lust-filled eyes," He countered with a smirk.

"Oh shut up," she said as she rolled her eyes

"Make me," He said, his eyes shining with invitation.

Skylar leaned forward to kiss him, pressing her mouth against his smile. Before they knew it, Chase brought her in closer, his hands going up her leg and her hands through his hair. That was before Skylar pulled away smirking, and took a step back

The blue-eyed boy looking up at her with dazed eyes and a pout,

"Sorry, who had the- how did you describe it again?" She said as she pretended to think, "Oh yeah lustful eyes?"

Chase laughed, "Lustfilled, come here,"

Skylar sauntered over to him, smiling- she liked this feeling of butterflies and jitteriness.

"I'd say that the Spring break party was a success," She said once she sat next to him,

"Yea, I'd say my impeccable ability to dip you really added the final kaboom," He said wrapping his arm around her shoulder

"No, I'd say that would be the steamy makeout session," She blurted out instantly without thinking.

All of a sudden the atmosphere of the room became tense. The two were extremely good bantering- both of them always had a witty remark that seemed to compliment. But that was just another way to avoid the real issue, something that was bothering both of them.

Skylar took in a deep breath, before giving a smile that they both knew was fake.

"We still have to go downstairs, meet some lawyers, you know got to get in on those deals," She said before standing up and pressing down her dress, trying to escape the conversation that she knew was coming.

"Believe me, we aren't missing much," He said in an attempt to get her to stay and talk without being pushy.

"Well- just in case!" She said as she brushed her hair behind her ear hurriedly as she turned around towards the stairs. That was what she was good at- running away.

But Chase had already figured that out,

He sprinted past her to the door- blocking it before she got the chance to leave.

" Skylar- please can we just talk?" Chase said

She turned around, "Talk? What is there to talk about?"

"Oh come on! Are you really going to do this? We just keep going in circles," He said starting to get annoyed.

" I don't have any clue about what you are talking about," She said trying to be nonchalant.

"This, Us, What are we doing? Is this all part of the plan? Is it real?" He said, all his frustration falling out. He was so unsure about the situation and nervous to cross any borders, the lines of which were already so blurry.

Skylar faltered,

"I don't know Chase," She said exasperatedly as she let her arms fall to her sides, "When we started this I felt nothing for you other than hate-"

Chase felt his heart drop,

" But now there's nervousness and feelings involved," she continued,

Chase didn't know what he was expecting, maybe a 'yes' or a 'no'. What the hell did 'I don't know' mean? Is that code for 'no'? If you couldn't tell Chase Illea was a Class A overthinker.

"What do you want it to be?" Chase said as he felt his chest knotting up with anxiousness, and his heart beating so so fast.

" I - well I want it to be real, but that means we get a proper first date and a redo of whatever the fuck we have got caught up in," Skylar said, waving her hands in the hair dramatically before she paused, "If that's what you want,"

Chase smiled, "I'd love that and I think I manage that,"

Skylar smiled, "Well thank god because it would be real a bummer to go find someone else. You know, I'd have to redo the whole thing and that's kind of tiring,"

Chase just rolled his eyes, " Do you want to go downstairs? You know to get in on those deals," He said mimicking her.

"Actually, I think we could do some better things up here,"

WELL, I FINALLY WROTE ANOTHER CHAPTER.

DISCLAIMER THIS HAS YET TO BE EDITED.

I KNOW IT WAS A LIL CHOPPY BUT I WANTED TO SHOW DYNAMIC AND SHOW THAT THEY AREN'T PERFECT PEOPLE AND THEY HAVE A LOT TO CHANGE BC CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IS KEY AND THIS BOOK IS GONNA BE A JOURNEY. A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE ASKED ME TO DO FIRST PERSON POV BUT IM NOT GONNA CUZ I WANNA SHOW THIS STORY AS US LOOKING IN ON THEIR STORY AND SEEING THE CHARACTERS CHANGE.

WOAH RANT OVER.

ALSO TELL ME HOW UR FEELING, DID YALLS HAVE EXAMS ? DID YALLS LIKE THIS CHAPTER? LET ME KNOW! ALSO IF SOMEONE IS A BOSS AT MAKING COVERS PLS MESSAGE ME BC I RLLY WANT A NEW COVER!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR READING ILY AND 250 000 READ FUCK IT UPP WOOO

AND AS ALWAYS BE SURE TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHAREEEE