Your past always come back to haunt you.

As Monday morning came around, I was feeling more refreshed than I had in what felt like ages. As hard as it was, I was adjusting to Monty having another baby. I was getting used to Emma being around. I was even starting to come to terms with the loss of my baby. Maybe I was crazy and should've just ran away but I found joy in the chaos. God allows everything to happen for a reason and there was a reason behind the craziness he allowed in my life. I was learning to go with the flow and accept things as they came my way. Monty was being very good to me, I had amazing friends, I had a beautiful daughter. So what if there were a few bumps along the way? As I was placing my things into my locker, I felt a presence next to me and looked over to see Jessica  and Sherri. I saw the guys' rounding the corner and I knew that they would be joining us any minute. Monty and Emma were allowed to stay out the rest of this week with Dallas, then they had to return to school. Monty begged me to take the week off too but I couldn't afford to miss any more school. I had been out for days at a time for several reasons during my senior year so far. "You look happy." Jessica grinned at me. I smiled back at her with a nod of my head. "I'm just starting to adjust to this crazy life of mine. No reason to run around being depressed and angry all the time. If I keep that up, I'll have wrinkles by the time I'm 20." I joked. Both Jess and Sherri laughed and I could tell that they were both really happy about my new positive attitude. The guys reached us and I gave each of them a side hug and a good morning, Jeff kissed my forehead as usual. "What's up, princess?" He asked with his typical bright smile. "The sky, duh." I responded. Causing all of my friends' to laugh at my goofy and childish response. I hadn't behaved like this since before Monty and I hooked up for the first time. We all continued on in casual conversation until we heard whispering and noticed that everyone was looking in the same direction... and then looking at me. All of their faces held different expressions on them. Some of the jocks that I had never really been friends with looked happy. Some people looked surprised. But most people looking confused and sympathetic; maybe even had a hint of worry mixed in there. I furrowed my brows and took a small step forward, trying to see past the crowd and set my own eyes on what the problem was. What was so interesting in that direction and how did it include me? As I was slowly inching forward more, my eyes landed on what everyone else was looking at. Or in this situation, who. I stopped in my tracks, my feet planting themselves in place, refusing to allow me to take another step forward. My eyes grew wide with fear and confusion, my jaw dropped, and at the same time I took a huge breath in, I heard my friends' gasp behind me. What the hell? No. Fucking. Way. There was no way I was imagining this but I just had to be. Standing in front of me was the devil incarnate, the only person I had ever truly feared in my life. The last person I thought I would ever see stepping into the free world again. Bryce mother fucking Walker. I felt a grip on each of my arms and I could tell that it was two separate hands holding onto me. I could feel a cluster of people so close to me I could practically feel their breath on the back of my neck and I knew that that meant all of my friends' were huddled up behind me, ready to catch me if I fell from shock. This couldn't be happening. He was arrested, he was found guilty, he was supposed to rot in jail at least for the foreseeable future. Now not only was he out, he was standing right in front of me in the hallway of my school. My skin was crawling with disgust and for the first time in a long time, I felt like I had let down both Hannah and myself. I pressed charges, I testified, he was found guilty and went to jail. I got proof that he raped Hannah too. How could he possibly get out? And the even bigger question was, why was he allowed back into the same school that one of his victims attends? I remained standing there like a statue, not even moving once I made eye contact with him. His eyes brought me so much fear and memories were flashing through my mind clearly. He didn't make a move either. I assumed he didn't know how to approach the situation and I silently prayed that he never would try to. He started moving towards our group but I didn't give him the chance. "You're a dead man walking." I growled.  I spun around on my heels and stormed off down the hallway. I could hear yelling behind me and I knew that my friends' were laying into Bryce. Good, if he was going to be here, then his life at least needed to be hell. I wasn't going to let this happen. They couldn't do this to me. They weren't going to do this to me.