Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

Zak let out a quiet sigh of relief.

"Then what is it?" he asked.

They walked through the front door and into the main entrance as Patti answered his question.

"I have do a little more work with her, but my best guess is a very, very angry spirit"

Great, just great.

The second we made it to the middle of the house, Patti stopped dead in her tracks.

Both Zak and I watched her as she slowly moved her head towards the top of the stairs. Rosemary's favourite spot of the house.

"She doesn't like you being here" I said aloud. As soon as it left my lips I covered my mouth. I didn't want to say that, she made me.

They both immediately turned around to face me. Just the sight of them both angered me, but I knew it wasn't me who was angry.

"Okay, we need somewhere to sit and get this started, this spirit is digging its claws deeper and deeper into her every second we wait"

Zak quickly guided Patti toward the dining room. I had only really been in there a couple times. The only time I could really remember I was last in there was when I first moved in and explored the house.

The dining room had grey walls with a very long black table with black chairs. The only window in the room was covered by a large white curtain, and a massive chandelier hug overtop of the table. It was pretty empty; my guess is that it hadn't been used in months.

As soon as we entered the room Patti went straight to work. She walked to the head of the table and dug into her bag full of psychic tools, making sure to pull out her sage sticks and an unfamiliar beaded necklace.

I nudged Zak on the shoulder. "What is that necklace for?" he stared at it for a bit, the realized what it was a few seconds later.

"It's her Rosary; she never does a reading without it" he quietly said, he probably didn't want to make Patti lose her focus.

Patti then looked up at me and motioned for me to sit in the chair to her left. "Sit here Charlie. I need you to be as close to me as possible"

Once I sat in the seat she put me in, she told Zak to sit on the other side of me to her right. After that, she made me lay my hands down in front of me on the table, and then she grabbed my right hand. I could feel the rosary tight in her grasp.

She then motioned for Zak to grab her hand, and me and Zak to grab each other's. Shortly after, she closed her eyes and hummed. Seconds later, the single unlit candle in the center of the table lit up. Zak and I just looked at each other with wide eyes; not saying a word.

"I am here to talk to the spirit who has attached itself to Charlie Bagans" she started. A soft breeze hit me right in the face; I could even see a few stray hairs in the corner of my eye move because of it.

"I have few questions I want to ask you, come forward and talk to me" she demanded. After a few seconds passed, her grip on my right hand tightened and she gasped a little. She was obviously getting something.

"What is your name? Who are you? Why have you attached yourself to this girl?" she asked. The breeze was more noticeable this time, even the candle flame moved a little. All of the sudden, Zak flinched and let go of both our hands; Patti just kept her eyes closed and continued on humming.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I think something just pinched me. It felt like someone came up from behind me and pinched me on the shoulder as hard as they could."