The Salty Kiss

**Mark's perspective**
Sean is laying on my chest. I don't move I just lay there thinking. I could've lost him today. I almost did loose him and he wouldn't of even known how I feel about him. I just really don't want to move the whole relationship too fast. I really do love him. He is my world, my everything, the man I love to the moon and back.

I wish he would tell me what he is thinking. It sucks being in the dark about what is going on through the person you love's mind. I might try to ask him to tell me what is going on tomorrow. He is definitely not in the right state of mind for me to ask him tonight. I can tell he is still awake because I can feel him shaking slightly still, and his breathing isn't perfectly even. I am not going to sleep until I know he is asleep. I start to rub calming circles into his back.

After what feels like about 20 minutes his breathing evens and his shaking slows and then finally stops. As soon as I can tell he is asleep I let my eyes close. I fall into more of a troubled sleep than usual, worried about how he is going to react when I ask him what is going on tomorrow.  Hopefully he won't get upset is the last thought in my head before it shuts off completely.

**TIME SKIP**
I sit up out of Sean's bed. He isn't laying on top of me anymore. I climb out of bed and take my shirt off deciding to just walk around in my jeans I slept in because it is so hot and humid right now. It is also just a lot more comfortable. The apartment is oddly quiet. "Sean?" I call out hoping for a quick response. I get no answer. I continue to walk around the apartment thinking that maybe he is somewhere where he cannot hear me.

I get to the kitchen and still can't find him. he isn't in the bathroom or anywhere else in the apartment. I start to look for my phone thinking that if he really went out somewhere that he would have texted me.

I find it lying on the ground in the bathroom. I pick it up off of the ground and I only have one message. It is from Sean:
I'm sorry Mark I just really don't want to put you through this anymore. I've tortured you enough already. Don't try to find me. You won't. I'm long gone. I wish I could do this in a better way, but this is the only way. I don't want to live without you, but I don't want to put you through any more pain. So I made the decision that is best. Goodbye Markimoo I will always love you. You made the past year the best of my life. Thank you so much for that. I'm sure we will see each other again someday... ❤️

Tears are streaming down my face. What does he mean by that is he just leaving me in his apartment? Or is he going to... I can't even bring myself to finish that thought I don't know what I will do if that is what is happening.

Suddenly there are a bunch of tweets at me. They are all telling me to check the news on channel 23. I throw my phone down and turn on the tv. I turn the channel and what I see makes my heart drop. It is Sean I can only tell by his green hair who he is. He is standing on the railing of a bridge. There are people all around him trying to persuade him to get down.

They announce the address. I know it surprisingly it is right by the place where I was going to take him on our first date. It isn't that far away from here only about 5 minutes away. I run to the door and run all the way to the location.

I can't see Sean from where I am, but I know the bridge is just a little ways up the road. My legs are burning but there is no way that I am going to slow down. I really hope I'm not too late.

Once I finally make it to where I am on the edge of the bridge I can see Sean's green hair. I continue to sprint full speed a pair of cops try to stop me but I run straight past both of them. Finally I make it to the small crowd of about three people around him. The police must have told people to stay back.

Sean's shoulders are shaking from him crying he is also shaking his head no. There is a very pretty woman probably in her early twenties standing to the side of him. She has lavender-silver hair, and she has her hand lightly on Sean's shoulder and it talking to him very quietly.

I finally make it all the way to Sean. I don't care if they don't want me here or not I am not going anywhere. I place a comforting hand on his other shoulder he flinches from the unexpected touch. I grab his shoulder tighter because I don't want to lose him. I see as tears well up in his eyes "Mark...?" he whispers. I don't move or speak. I didn't realize I was crying until I could feel the tears stinging my eyes.

He quickly breaks our gaze by turning his head and looking down at the rushing water and rocks below him. "Mark... Please leave I don't want you to have to see this..." I don't move. He turns his head back to me and looks me in the eyes. "MARK LEAVE!!! LEAVE MY LIFE GOD CAN'T YOU TELL THIS WON'T WORK! ALL I'M DOING IS MAKING YOU'RE LIFE A LIVING HELL! Please Mark... I can't take it anymore....". His voice cracks at the end. He is now looking me straight in the eye.

Finally I find my voice and say, "Sean I love you... You don't make my life a living hell. You make it beautiful. You give me a reason to wake up in the morning. You light up my entire world. Please don't do this...I don't know what I would do if I lose you... I will end it all. My life had no meaning before you came along. Please come back to me. Let me hold you and make everything better. It will be difficult, but I can try. I'm not going anywhere."

He looks back down at the water "Mark let go of my arm..." I continue to hold on. I don't want to see what he will do when I move. He turns fully around. There is still a railing between us. I smile thinking he is going to climb over.

He looks me in the eye and I wrap my arm around his waist. He cups my face with his hand, his other one holding on to the railing so tight that his knuckles are white. "Sean please..." He leans and gently connects his lips with mine. I can taste the saltiness of both of our tears. It is a gentle loving kiss nothing more. He pulls away. My arm is no longer around his waist he must have moved it when we kissed.

He looks me in the eyes "I love you too... This is for the best. Goodbye Mark". He lets go with the one hand that is holding onto the railing. He begins to fall I grasp at the air hoping to catch him, but to no avail.

He falls into the steep rocks and rushing water below. "NO!!!" I scream. I fall to he ground melting into it. My tears don't stop. I lost him the only one I love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay for cliff hangers am I right???
No... Oh sorry... Please don't hate me this is not the end by the way even though it is slowly coming to a close. I love you guys so so much thank you for reading this. I can't believe so many people are reading it. I honestly thought I would write it to read it myself but no. I love you guys byeeeeeee!! ❤️❤️❤️
~Addison