2.9 - never turn back on your enemy

Start from the beginning

Lila's eyes hardened. She knew about the dead pool. But she never bothered warning us, again.

"Urm, no there hasn't." Katherine cut in.

"That's where you're wrong. No one knows about the deaths, apart from the local council, and the Station house. Cameron also knew, somehow." I explained.

"You did as well, didn't you?" I asked Lila.

"Unfortunately, yes." She sighed.

"Is there anyone we know on that list?" I asked.

Her eyes slightly widened, before she answered hesitantly.

"I've heard that the list has a hundred people from this town, but who's included, I wouldn't know."

"So you wouldn't know if we're included on that list?" I asked yet another question.

I needed to protect myself, at all costs. My gut is warning me that something bad will happen.

"I don't know, Yasmin."

"Where can the list be found?" Katherine cut in.

My anxiety grew at this point, and I wanted to do nothing more, but to go home and sleep.

"That's what the boys are trying to figure out." Lila answered.

The boys being Cameron, Nash, Theo, AJ and the Salvatore brothers.

"You both need to follow the curfew." Lila instructed, sounding motherly.

"That's explains why Mum won't let me stay out long." I heard Katherine mutter.

"She knows about the dead pool?" Lila asked her.

"No." She shook her head.

"She was just aware of the curfew. She told me she wasn't sure why there is a curfew. She thought that there had been a case of continuous kidnapping of school children." Katherine explained.

"But obviously that's not the reason why." She finished.

"It's probably best for you all to stay together." Lila said.

"Both in and out of the academy."

"We technically can't out of academy hours." Katherine cut in.

"We live in separate houses." She pointed out, only to be returned with a response of eye rolling by myself and Lila.

"You have advanced technology, right?" Lila asked sarcastically.

"Obviously." Kath returned back, also being sarcastic.

"FaceTime each other every night then." Lila suggested.

"We all have things to do. I have movies to catch up on, Candice has spells to learn and control, and Yasmin has a boyfriend to keep up with." Katherine blurted.

That caused Lila to look at me with raised brows.

Thanks Katherine. Thanks a lot.

"Cameron?" She guessed.

"That's correct." I confirmed.

"About time." She said, smiling.

I kept quiet, purely because I found myself getting shy at the entire topic.