2.9 - never turn back on your enemy

My head rested against the shower wall, as I soaked myself with cold water. Once again, I couldn't sleep. My nightmare is what kept me awake. Right now, it's 4am. I only had three hours of sleep.

Dream

"Katherine. Just stop!" I raised my voice.

"No, Yasmin! They are nothing but heartless, ruthless, sadistic and barbaric bastards!" She continued to moan about them.

Them being Vampires.

"Katherine. I strongly advise you to shut the fuck up!" I said through gritted teeth.

She was starting to piss me off.

"You know what, just stop the car." Katherine said, removing her seat belt.

"I can't. We're driving down a country lane. It's a no stopping zone." I say in monotone.

"Stop the car." Katherine repeated.

"KATHERINE, JUST SHUT THE HELL UP! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT?!" I scream, turning my full attention to her.

She can never listen to instructions, and it was starting to really piss me off.

"YASMIN, WATCH OUT!" Katherine screamed, looking at the front.

I averted my attention back onto the road, to see a humanly like figure, with bright yellow eyes. I immediately pressed down hard on my breaks, and turned the steering wheel.

Everything seemed to go in slow motion, as the person ran towards us. My steering felt slowed down, and fear and anxiety erupted inside of me. This is it. I'm going to die.

Both Katherine and I screamed once the figure with the yellow eyes neared us. Then darkness filled my vision.

End of Dream

And with that, I had woken up, gasping and sweating. Right now, a cold shower is what I needed. My eyes were shut tight, as I let positive thoughts cloud my mind.

Shortly after calming down, I reopened my eyes, and looked down at my feet. I needed to get out, and try to get a few more hours worth of sleep.

*****

Both Katherine and I were in Lila's office. I was encouraged by Katherine to talk to Lila about the questions that have been lingering my mind.

"How have you girls been?" She asked.

"Not good, really." I answered, my voice coming out in monotone.

"We're treading on thin ice right now, Lila." Katherine said, sounding frightened.

"Why do you say that?" Lila asked Katherine.

"Because wherever we are, we are at risk of being noticed and killed." Katherine responded sadly.

"Are you aware of the dead pool?" I asked Lila, averting her attention back to me.

"D-dead pool? Yasmin, what the hell are you chatting?" Katherine said, sounding shocked.

"There have been deaths in the town." I begun explaining to Katherine.