Chapter 2: Justin

Justin

Her cornflower blue eyes were my biggest weakness. She did not know why I was ignoring her. When I had seen her stunning eyes glimmer before me, I had watched her whole life flash before my eyes. She was so pure and ever so delicate. I wanted to kiss her forehead lightly knowing that I loved her. I wanted to hold her waist and kiss her lips. Her wavy hair was waiting for me to caress it. I felt a spark between us. Her purity was one of the things I admired most about her.

   I smelt her scent miles away before I had arrived at Mayberry knowing that there was a heartbroken troubled girl. She lurked there wishing that love never targeted her. I wish it wasn’t like this. I wanted her. I needed her. If I loved her even more than I loved her right now, I would have had to kill myself.

   It was forbidden, grandma would never allow us to interfere with a mere mortal. Amelia her name was; such a pretty name, so intense, full of secrets. It was as if it was filled with limpidness... and it was.

   Her hair was luminous blonde. It was the same shade as my mother, who had unfortunately died a few weeks after she had given birth to me.

   Amelia's eyes were filled with such immense secrets. The one thing I could not have pictured when I read her mind was why she took such an interest in me. It was as if she knew about me before I had even met her face-to-face.

   I wanted to be with her, kiss her, and feel her. If I was with her, my fingertips would have been already soaring up and down her gentle skin. 

   All day I had thought about her. She tried to get my attention but I simply ignored her. All of a sudden I loved this girl of whom I had never spoken to in my life. I was under such stress at that time when she decided to make it her mission to get my attention. The worst thing about this situation was that I was already arranged to get married to Demetria - one of my own kind.

   As I reached home, I spotted Jake, the guy who broke Amelia’s heart helping my grandmother. I knew who he was as I had watched Amelia’s life in full detail even though it was just for ten seconds.

   He had taken our box full of necessities into our home and had already unpacked half of them. Grandma scorned him. I had known this because of the way she looked at him when he wasn’t face-to-face with her.  She had read his mind in a disgusted way. It was a gift we had. I went up to grandma. I had crossed my arms as I had looked at her cynically.

   ‘Don’t you know that you can take advantage of your gift? I know what I would do to him. I always do these types of things, so you should to,’ I said in a tranquil tenor.

   ‘No, this boy took the time to take all these boxes inside and help me unpack them whilst you were wondering off somewhere with deep thoughts inside you, what’s wrong?’ She inquired in a fretful method.

   ‘Nothing, I just don’t like this boy. I could tell you read his mind... and mine to,’ I said in an ironic voice. ‘You know he broke a girl’s heart.’

   ‘Yes, and that is why I am making him suffer by taking all these boxes,’ she replied undoubtedly. Grandma looked down and chuckled as if she had hid something. ‘Well actually, I took advantage of our unique ability and...’

   ‘No,’ I said smiling. I was so exultant that Grandma finally had broken the rules. ‘You compelled him?’ I said aloud. 

   ‘Shush, you have got a big mouth.’ Grandma whispered ever so delicately. ‘People can hear you. It was in a different compulsion way. I broke the rules and if the council finds out that I took the hex bottle of another, then I will be stripped off from the head of the council,’ she muttered silently so no soul could have heard her.