51 - "i'm changing"

Reality

"Hey, baby," Blair said as he approached Nolan sitting on the swing at the park. Nolan stood up and allowed Blair to lightly kiss him on the lips. "What's wrong? You seem upset."

Nolan shrugged and looked to the ground. "Blair, who I was this afternoon is not who I am. Not usually."

"I know, baby. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let you do that," Blair said.

"I feel like a whore now," Nolan said shamefully. "I can't stop thinking about it. It's so embarrassing."

"I'm your boyfriend. I would never judge you for acting a certain way." Blair grabbed his boyfriends hand and led him over to the swings again so they could both sit.

It was gloomy outside, the clouds low to the ground and the sky a melancholic grey colour. Matching Nolan's current mood.

"I'm afraid that I'm changing," Nolan said quietly.

"How do you mean?" Blair wondered.

"I'm afraid that I'm changing myself to impress you." Blair could tell that it took a lot for Nolan to say.

"What? But I fell for you, Nolan. I like the way you are. I don't want you to change yourself for me," Blair insisted.

"Maybe this just isn't a good idea," Nolan whispered so quietly that Blair almost couldn't hear him.

"Baby," Blair pleaded. "Don't say that. We only just started dating a month ago."

"Exactly. It's all just going too fast. I think we need a break," Nolan explained.

"Nolan!" Blair said, raising his voice.

Nolan let go of the other boys hand and stood up from the swings. "I'm sorry," he said, walking away without turning around.

"Nolan, wait!" Blair yelled, but the other boy just kept walking. "Nolan!"

It was no use. Nolan was gone.

***

i hate myself too

xo jj