20 - "hey scoot"

Reality

"Sittin' on a counter in your kitchen. Can you hear my heartbeat fuckin' kickin'. Your eyes light up 'cause you best believe that I got somethin' up my sleeve. I walk my talk no time for wishful thinkin'."

Blair listened in awe as Nolan sang into the microhphone.

When Nolan first admitted he occasionally sang in a café right outside of town, Blair didn't believe him. In fact, he didn't believe him until the arrived at café a half an hour ago.

At first, Blair was confused as to how his boyfriend, who clearly had anxiety, could perform in front of a whole room of people. But then he pointed out the fact that he'd never seen these people again.

So, here he was, singing Halsey to a room of strangers drinking lattes and typing on their MacBooks.

Once the song finished, Blair abboxiously clapped as loud as he good, making Nolan laughed as he came off the stage and wandered over to the table he was sitting at.

"Happy? I finally sang for you," Nolan said and rolled his eyes.

"Yes I am happy. You were great." Blair leaned over the table and pressed his lip against Nolans. "Babe, you look tired," he observed. "Did you not sleep last night?"

"I always look like this. I have these permanent bags under my eyes." Nolan laughed and brushed off the question.

"No really, it looks like you haven't slept in days," Blair said.

The blue-eyed boy shrugged his shoulders. "Don't worry about it. I'm not a big sleeper anyway."

Huh, Blair thought. Is not sleeping a sign of anxiety? Or is it insomnia? Is he upset? Depressed?

"Okay. How I get you home. It's already pretty late and it looks like you could use some sleep." Nolan reluctantly nodded and the two boys headed out to Blair's car.

***

"Hey!" Scott's voice boomed through the speaker of Blair's phone.

"Hey Scoot," he replied. "What's up?"

"I have a surprise for you." Scott's surprises were never good. "I'm coming to visit with Malia, Kira, Stiles, and Lydia!"

Blair's stomach did about 86 flips before he could respond. "You are?! Are you kidding?!"

When Scott assured him he wasn't kidding, he screamed at the top of his lungs while simultaneously jumping on his bed. "When are you coming?!"

"Friday night and staying for the week!" Scott informed.

"Oh my God, that's two days away! It's so soon! I'm so fucking excited!" Blair hollered.

Scott laughed on the other line. "We're all super excited too! We can't wait to come and see you and your relationship with Nolan."

"Well I've been annoying Liam all week with how smitten I am so it'll be nice to annoy someone else for once," Blair said.

"I have to go now but I can't wait to see you! Bye Blair!" Scott said.

"Bye Scott!"