Chapter Fourteen:The Kingdom

I stand beside rick and grab his hand and gregory says "who would train this cannon fodder?" I scoff and cross my arms and rosita says "I will" I roll my eyes "give me a week and i'll have em whipped into shape" he narrows his eyes at me "rhetorical I don't wanna know sometimes ricky you gotta cut your losses" I grab rick's hand and put him behind me I could tell he was getting more and more pissed off.

Daryl glares at him "what the hell man ya sitting there talking out both sides of yer mouth ya either with us or ya ain't" I look at daryl and we walk out of his office and daryl says "we don't need im anyway" I smirk and rick nodds "that's right because we got maggie,jesus and sasha" then enid walks in and maggie asks "what's wrong?" enid smiles at carl and looks at maggie "I think you guys should come see this" we walk outside and the hilltop was ready to stand up and fight I smile and I feel rick grab my hand I look up at him and he kisses me on the forehead once again which I find sweet and I whisper "look at carl".

He looks by the road and see carl holding hands with enid he smiles and nodds "it's nice to see him like that it's his first ever girlfriend" I nodd and bury my head into his shoulder and glenn walks over and hugs me and he says "thank you for getting maggie those prenatal vitamins" I smile at him and hug him again "it's what you do for family".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk inside the doors of the kingdom and we see king ezekiel has a pet tiger everyone's mouth was dropped to the floor and then I walk ahead towards the tiger I hear whispers of my name but I don't stop I stand at the front of the stage and hold out my hand for her to smell me and she rubs her head onto my hand and she just purrs I look up and see the african american guy with dreadlocks looking down at me he has a amused smile on his lips and he says "this is shiva not very many can pet her i'm surprised she didn't bite your hand off".

I smile and look back at my family and see rick rolling his eyes playfully at me and carl is smiling and rosita and michonne is grinning so is glenn he is shaking his head and I say "what? she's just a big cat" rick smiles and I turn back to the man and he says "i'm king ezekiel of the kingdom" I smile and he looks at me and I look at rick and he winks at me I look back at him "i'm Braelee Grimes".

He looks back to rick "your wife?" rick smiles at me and nodds "yes she is" shiva moves her head to my stomach I just pet her fur around her neck I smile as rick starts talking to king ezekiel and he told the rock in the middle of the road story and I understood the moral of the story when rick and our group was walking out he told daryl to stay here and I would be staying at hilltop because he wanted me close to maggie and sasha in case they had a problem I put my hand on his shoulder and I say "it's the right call you know it daryl just talk to ezekiel or stare him into submission whatever it takes".

He chuckles he touches my hand and he nodds and we start to walk out of the kingdom walls as the door closes rick turns and looks at daryl and it looked like it killed rick leaving daryl there they are best friends I rub his side that reminds me I gotta tell him about the baby when we get home we get inside the car and drive off until we reach a road block.

We all get out of cars and stand in front of our car and when we move the cars in our way and michonne was looking through the binoculars and she calls him over and I was standing next to carl we walk across the highway and see a steel cable of explosives and michonne asks "what's this for?" I bump carls shoulder and he raises his eyesbrows at me and he says "wait when I was in the truck I heard them talking about this" rosita stands beside me and carl continues "this is for a herd".

I nodd at rick "yeah he's right I heard negan talking about it too that's why it's a steel cable connected to the cars it's not for just one walker" rick nodds and looks ahead around the corner of the highway and sasha says "we need these explosives" rick agree's with her "we gotta figure out how to disarm it first".