Chapter 20

Taro's POV

"He didn't tell us he was going to put cameras all over our house," I sighed, staring at the obviously placed cameras in my living room.

"I guess he wants to make sure we're following as we're told," Ayano replied.

Both Ayano and I went up to my room and sat on my bed.

"So.. let's do homework?" Ayano asked. I nodded my head and took out my math homework.

"I'm.. not really good with math, so I would appreciate it if you would help me," I sighed, staring at all of the problems.

"Sure."

~

"Do you get it now?" She asked me. I looked over the problems she taught me.

"I guess," I replied to her.

"Anyways, how about we do something fun? Or eat something?" I questioned. She tilted her head slightly.

"Like what?"

"How about the new ice cream shop that opened up?" I recommended.

"New? Like the new café from months ago?" She asked.

"Yeah, but I heard that they have an arcade there too! Anyways, let's go before the line gets too long. I heard it's super long," I said, getting up from my bed, putting my stuff away, and running out of my room.

"H-Hey! Wait for me you idiot!" Ayano yelled after me.

~

"The line is so longggg," I complained.

"It is new after all," Ayano rolled her eyes.

The line was very long to the point where a lot of people were standing outside just for the ice cream. Every single table was full, inside and outside, full of people sitting down and enjoying their ice creams.

We eventually made it, but it was at least 30 minutes of standing, which was torture to our feet.

"What would you like?" The worker asked.

Ayano's POV

The worker asked us a question before flipping her hair seductively to attract Taro. She seems to be at our age, young and most likely in high school. I growled mentally. Who does she think she is, stealing my Taro? Wait, my Taro..?

"I would like taro ice cream please," Taro asked politely.

Taro's answer to the lady made me snap out of it.

"O-Oh.. um.. green tea ice cream for me please," I answered. She gave me a dark glare before going off to get our ice cream.

"..She seems strange," Taro whispered. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye.

"I guess," I whispered back.

She eventually came back with our ice creams and I was about to pay for it, but Taro stopped me.

"I'll pay for it," he smiled before handing the money to the lady.

"T-Taro! You didn't have to," I mumbled.

"It's fine. It's for you after all, my princess," he winked at me.

I felt my cheeks heat up and a death stare from the lady.

"T-Thank you," I mumbled.

"You're welcome," he smiled.

We are our ice cream at an small and empty table that we found inside. We ate and talked about our favorite anime characters.

"I think Rem from Re:Zero is cute," Taro smirked.

I folded my arms and pouted.

"Well I think Emilia is cuter," I playfully growled.

"Sure, sure," Taro laughed.

Once we finished, we went to the arcade that was connected to the ice cream shop. Lots of people were there playing games, both children and adults. Lots of blue and yellow lights illuminated the dark room.

Both Taro and I walked around the arcade, looking at what we should play. Eventually, I found something I liked and glanced at it. He noticed my glance, smiled, and walked up to it.

He placed his yen inside the machine and moved the crane around until he got to a place he liked. He pressed the button and watched the spinner spin. The crane grabbed the item and bought it to the prize shoot.

He grabbed the item out of the machine and handed it to me.

"Here," he smiled brightly.

"A-Ah.. thank you," I smiled back while holding the item.

It was a large pink bunny that he won from one of those UFO catchers.

[A/N: Kinda like the one pictured, if you're curious as to what UFO catchers are

[A/N: Kinda like the one pictured, if you're curious as to what UFO catchers are. They are two clawed crane and they can also be close the prize shoot if they are too big to be moved. Don't worry, you can do this in one try, it is not impossible, and can definitely be worth your money.]

"You're welcome," he chuckled. "Now, shall we get out of here?"

I nodded my head and we both started heading out, but before we did, the lady stopped us.

"Hold up! Mister, may I get your phone number?" She asked Taro. I felt my heart beating louder and louder and my mind rushing. I want to kill her.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know you very well, maybe if we meet again," he declined and headed out. I followed after him.

"So-," I began, but then something jumped at me and pinned me to the ground. I heard Taro screech.

"What's so great about this normal looking girl? She's too normal to be friends with! I'm the only one for Taro!" The lady yelled at me, trying to get her hands on my throat. I tried to push her away, but with no avail.

Taro jumped out and pushed her away harshly. She fell onto the hard concrete.

"Don't even dare hurt her! She's my girlfriend, and I don't appreciate it when people hurt her. If you hurt her, I will kill you," he threatened with a red tint in his eyes. The scared worker backed away slowly and then ran back into the ice cream store.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine," I smiled at him.

"Let's go then."

We began walking back towards our own houses. We didn't talk at all during the way.

I was thinking about what he said. Girlfriend? Was that because he wanted her to stop bothering me, or was that because that's really what he thinks we are?

"Goodbye Ayano. Hopefully, I'll see you soon," Taro said to me.

"Goodbye Taro," I told him.

And we parted ways after that.