Chapter 7

Taro's POV

Woah..

There was much stuff to do compared to the last festival.

All around the school, there was decorations. There was a huge banner that said, "Welcome to the 2017 Akademi School Festival!" Around the banner, lots of balloons stood, all different colors to try to make this place bright and cheery.

Lots of food stands, activities, and events were taking placing right now. Everyone was laughing, smiling, and exploring this entirely different festival.

"Whaa! This is so cool!" Hanako screamed as she ran ahead of Osana and I. A sigh escaped my lips and Osana pouted a bit before she tugged on my sleeve.

"Let's go over there," she pointed at a breakfast stand that sold crepes. "Oo. I love crepes," I smiled and nodded as we both made our way over there.

"Fresh crepes! Get your fresh crepes! Only two dollars!" The guy in the stand yelled. I squealed since I really loved crepes. It is one of my favorites, okay?

"I'll have a banana and strawberry crepe," Osana ordered and paid the man.

"I'll have a blueberry and raspberry crepe," I smiled and also paid him as well.

He finished within five minutes. After our orders, there was a huge line for crepes. Crepes are always popular in our school, and I'm glad we got there first before everyone else did.

Osana and I were talking about the festival until..

"Taro.. Senpai? A voice called out to me.

I turned around to see Ayano.. alone.

"Shouldn't you be with Budo? Or maybe Midori?" I asked her. She shook her head and looked off to the side.

"No. They're both busy. Budo is having a club meeting right now, and Midori is.. um.. texting this guy named 'Yandere Dev'".

I nodded. "I see.. in that case, would you like to hang out with me and Osana? We'd like to have some other company," I asked her.

I felt an awkward silence between the two. Osana and Ayano were both glaring at each other for some reason.

"That's fine with me Taro-Senpai," Ayano smiled. She took a seat next to me while drinking her soy milk. I'm pretty sure it was from a stand that was in front of the school's entrance.

A few minutes of silence passed and both Osana and I finally finished our crepes. Ayano tugged on my sleeve.

"Can we go over there?" She asked me, and pointed to a shooting stall. I smiled. This might be my chance to steal her heart.

"Of course." I hope she didn't hear this, but I said the word "darling" after that. She didn't say anything so I'm guessing she really didn't hear it.

Ayano's POV

I asked Taro to the shooting stall merely because I wanted to show him my skills. However, when I heard the word "darling", I was a blushing mess. Osana can tell, and kept glaring at me the entire time I was around him.

"I'll shoot first," Taro smiled. He grabbed a nerf gun, in which he was apparently supposed to use, cheap stall manager, and pointed at a large, pink bunny plushie. He looked up and down until..

BANG

He shot down the prize in seconds. It fell down with the blast, and the stall manager went to go pick it up and hand it to him.

"Thanks," Taro said. He turned around and handed it to me.

"W-What? Taro-Senpai, I-I couldn't," I stammered. My heart was beating so fast.

"It's for you.. I got it for you," he smiled. It was the smile I longed for, yearned for, yet it never happened until now, where I "gave" up on him. I may secretly still have feelings for him, but I'm not sure yet.

"T-T-Thank y-you T-T-T-Taro-S-S-Senpai," I took the plushie from him carefully and held it into my arms, squeezing the life out of it. His grey eyes were staring at mine, his black hair swaying in the wind. Almost like an anime scene, huh?

Osana kept glaring, I can tell. She walked off from this scene, but kept looking over here.

"So um.." Taro wanted to speak, but was interrupted.

"Everyone, head over to the gym for a special surprise," a teacher called out.

A puff of air escaped my lips, and Taro held one of my hands.

"Let's go."

I nodded and followed him side-by-side.