Chapter 4

Taro's POV

I bit my lip.. hard, almost to the point it could bleed. I didn't want to see her with another boy, especially him.

"Hm..? Oh, Taro! Are you going to walk home with us?" Budo asked. I grind my teeth together. I don't want to see him right now.

"My Senpai only walks home with me!" Osana fought. Budo was glaring at her now.

"Well, Taro and I always go somewhere every weekend!" Budo gave a smirk to Osana.

"Ugh! This is so frustrating!" Before I could say anything, Osana ran off.

I sighed, why did I get into this mess?

Ayano was looking back and forth between Budo and I and then back at where Osana ran. Budo scratched his head and sweat-dropped.

"Eheh.. sorry about that.. anyways Taro, wanna go to this nearby café? I heard that it's new and that students have been coming there and loving it!"

I shrugged. It's just one place, it can't be that bad, right?

"Sure.. I guess."

"Yes! We got another person joining us!" Budo fist-pumped in the air and laughed, while Ayano was.. blushing? Oh no no no, I won't accept this.

Budo tugged on my hand and then he dragged me away across the street, laughing like an anime character.

Once we got there, I looked at the outside of the café with my eyes wide open. It was massive. Lots of chairs, tables, the color pink, maid dresses.. Okay, I shouldn't talk about those..

Before I went in, Budo was already inside talking to the maids and smiling, while Ayano was clutching onto my shirt.

"A-Ayano? Something wrong?" I asked her. She blushed and looked off to the side.

"N-Nothing. I just.. I don't.." She mumbled off, while her chest was on my back, her heart beating the same time mine was.

"Ayano.." I mumbled. Heat was rushing towards my face. There's no way she would feel the same way, right? She likes Budo, doesn't she?

She let go, heat washing away from my back.

"Sorry.. about that.." She sighed and walked inside the café.

I closed my eyes then fluttered them open again and stared at the sky. I heard that today was a beautiful day to watch the stars.. maybe I can get Ayano to come watch them with me? No way, she'll probably refuse.

I walked inside and sat at the booth we were all sitting at.

"Taro, what do you think you're going to order?" Ayano asked.

I looked through the menu and found out there was lots of desserts and drinks. I gulped. I had to choose one?

"I.. um.. I think I'll get the tiramisu and taro bubble tea. What about you two?"

"I'm probably getting a strawberry short cake and milk tea boba," Ayano replied.

"Um.. Probably the soufflé and a strawberry banana smoothie," Budo sighed.

One of the maids came by and took all of our orders, which took a while since Budo was apparently friends with them.

Once the maid went and took our menus away from us, Ayano stared at the ground, Budo stared out the window, and I observed everyone around the café.

~

Ayano's POV

Ugh.. why did I do that to Taro?

I scolded myself internally. I thought I didn't like him anymore but.. the feelings are starting to come back. Although, I still.. I still.. have more feelings for Budo that Taro right now.

Don't laugh at me! Budo is kind of.. attractive in some way.

I like the way he laughs and smiles, how he knows that you're feeling down in the dumps, and how he treats you kindly.

To be honest, I don't know why I fell for Taro in the first place. I barely know much about him. I don't even know if he's really worth it.

Why can't I just confess my feelings to Budo so that I can get it over with?

My hands were on my head now. I wanted to scream, scream out all of my feelings inside of me, but I can't, at least, not yet.

Our order finally arrived after about 20 minutes of waiting, and it looked amazing.

"Yes! It's here!" Budo cheered.

Taro smiled at what was in front of them.

"Enjoy~!" The maid winked.

"I can't wait to dig in!" Budo smiled and took a spoonful of his soufflé, but I stopped him.

You forgot to say "itadakimasu.." I mumbled.

"O-Oh, sorry. Let's all say it together now!"

..."Itadakimasu" we all said in sync.

"Heck yeah! Let's eat now!" Budo cheered.

[A/N: Hey guys. This is an authors note to tell everyone thanks for reading! I know a couple of people are impatient and want me to update, but it's hard to update when you're in high school because school work and stuff. I just need to let you guys know that I'm pretty busy and I have a life (trying not to be sassy lol), but thanks!]