Chapter 48

Zach's pov

I watched Bella sleep in the hospital bed, she looked so peaceful and innocent.

I gripped onto the scolding hot cup of coffee one of the nurses brought me.

I got up, pacing around her room. I knew she was going to be okay, but the thought of it just made me feel like it's all my fault.

I jumped once i heard the door open. I turned around to see Jack standing there with the three other boys.

"How is she? Any news?"

"I don't know, and no"
I said stressing out.

"What if she's dead for good"
I said looking up at Jonah, knowing he was the oldest and had the most comforting words.

"She's going to be okay. They pumped her stomach. She's okay"

"What about her arm? It was pretty deep"

"Zach, calm down. She's okay"
Jack said.

"You're right"

"Why dont you go home and get some rest. Our flight leaves in four hours"

"I- I can't leave her like this. You want me to just leave while she's here half dead in a hospital bed?"

"We have to go back to LA, Zach. We have an EP to record, we have shit to do."
Jonah said getting all serious.

"Fine, fine"
I said raising my arms.

I walked out of the hospital all the way to the car and plopped down in the passenger seat. Soon enough Jonah was sitting at the wheel turning on the engine.

"I'm sorry, I know I was being harsh but you can't expect us to sit here the entire time. I love Bella, I really do. But what she did wasn't anyone's fault, especially not yours. It's very scary knowing you almost lost someone, especially at this young age too. The world can not just stop though. We have fans to please, things to pay for, bills, tours. If Friday wasn't our one year I would've sat in here day to night until she was awake. I'll take you back here before we leave. We're all really worried about you Zach. We're scared that if we leave you alone, you'll end up like that. No more distractions, therapy could be assigned to you when we get back to LA if you really need it. Zach, you've gotten skinner and sad. The bags under your eyes are unreal and I love you bud, we all do. We can't watch you slowly destroy yourself anymore. We're gonna go back to LA. We're gonna release a bomb ass EP and you're going to be the best father you can at sixteen in nine months."

"Jonah, Im not trying to kill myself, why would you guys think that?"

"You're barely open with us anymore, who knows how you are with your family now. You don't eat, you don't sleep, all you do is take anxiety meds that make you worse."

"Im sorry, Im going to try to get better. I don't need therapy, but I'm sorry. I know, after the whole breakup I've just felt like a mess."

"I understand"
He said pulling out of the parking lot.

We drove back to my house and Jonah sat in my room while I packed.

••••

I ran into the hospital with Jack by my side. We headed up to Bella's room and slowly approached it.

"Are you nervous?"
Jack asked.

"Yeah, a little"

I slowly knocked on her room door, hearing the loud tv playing. I opened the door and saw her sitting up drinking coffee.

She turned her head to the side and saw us standing there. I noticed James sitting in the corner with his own coffee.

"Hi Bella, how are you feeling?"

"Im sore"
She said with a dry chuckle.

"Yeah, I bet."

"Hey Bella, hey James"
Jack said from behind me.

"Hello Jack"
They both replied.

"Oh um, guys?"

"Yeah Bella?"

"Thank you for checking on me and actually saving me from dying."

"You're always welcomed Bella"
Jack said grabbing her hand.

She smiled up at jack and patted the bed for him to sat down. Next she smiled at me and slowly frowned.

"I won't- I wont let Brad hurt you again Bella"
I blurted out.

"What?"

"I know you think I don't care but I really do. I had no clue brad was doing anything like that to you. I promise he won't anymore."

"I don't want to talk about that. I just want to see my three good friends and enjoy this moment."
She said crying.

I walked over to her and kissed her forehead, listening to her quiet sobs.

"We have to go now. I love you, i really do. Take care, James please watch over her"
I said giving her a reassuring nod.

"I always do"
James said.