Chapter 22

I was in my living room laying on the couch. I didn't bother going to training for now until I heard a knock on my door. I sighed and ignored it. Though Lucy didn't. She walked past and answered the door.

"Yes?" She asked whoever was at the door.

"Hey. Is Tsuki here?" I heard Izumo's voice and I automatically sat up.

"We need to talk to her for a bit." I sighed and stood up walking to the door.

"Lucy, who's at the door?" I asked as she stood back opening the door wider revealing Kotetsu and Izumo.

"Tsuki, we both need to talk to you in private real quick." Izumo stated seriously. I was a bit confused.

"Aren't you two supposed to be at the gate though?"

"We had Ebisu and Genma cover for us while we came to talk to you." I sighed and nodded.

"Lucy, go ahead and go. It's fine." Lucy seemed a bit reluctant but nodded and left us be. I looked at the two. "So, what is it you guys need?" I kept my voice slightly strict and confused but curious.

"The Hokage wanted to give this to you before he died but he got caught up in his paperwork so he never got the chance to give it to you."

*???'s POV*

I was at my home and I just came out of the shower with my right eye closed and I picked up my eye patch from the counter and put it on over my eye. I sighed and left the bathroom. I looked to see my partner wasn't in the room. But I saw a small lump on the bed and I raised an eyebrow but went to the side of the bed and leaned down slightly.

"Mikara? Are you hiding under my covers again?" I heard a small yawn then Mikara poked her head out of under the sheets and yipped.

Yep

Yep. She was my little fox partner. I giggled and pet her head. She purred and rubbed her head against my hand. I smiled and picked her up from under the covers and set her down on the floor. She went to her little cat bed since she was only half the size of a grown cat.

I don't know why but whenever she could, she liked hiding under blankets. When she was a kit, she always slept somewhere else and by morning she'd be tucked under the blankets with me. And unlike other foxes, she had two tails and a marking on her head. I had no idea what it meant but it had to mean something. I changed into my usual set of clothes and equipped my sword around my waist. I smiled in content and looked at Mikara.

"Your turn, Mikara. Let's just start with grooming, okay?" She yipped and I opened a drawer in my nightstand where it held grooming tools for pets. Mikara stood next to me and I put the brush and comb on the bed before picking her up and setting her on the bed.

*???'s POV*

I was at my house cooking some food. Hinata was going to visit soon and I just returned from being on a training vacation not long ago. I heard a quiet knock at the door and I grinned before setting the pot on a tray on the table and taking off my mitts while humming to myself.