I let out a ragged sigh as I close my eyes. 'I'm scared that even if I do tell him about the baby, he'll be too focused on that life and completely forget about me and leave me alone to deal with the consequences of our actions at a time I need him most.

'Yes, he claims that he never forgot about that night or me, but that didn't stop him from moving on and tossing me aside like that night didn't mean anything to him. What makes you think he won't do the same with this child? That's what scares me.'

I let out a bitter laugh. 'For the first time in years, I, Remora Naomi Menzler, am afraid. Someone who's seen the most scariest shit shouldn't be afraid.'

'It's okay to be afraid since it's that fear that makes you human. Even the most fearless and powerful beings have their share of fear.'

I remain silent and swallow the lump in my throat. 'If it does come to what you fear, you can always rely on your family for support.' She says.

'But–'

'Remora, I know you're trying to be realistic, but you can't you at least have a little hope that all will go well in the end.' She reasons. 'You won't get anywhere if you keep thinking negatively.'

She's right. Instead of sitting around waiting for the worst to happen, I should at least try to hope for the best. 'Okay. I'll try to be positive.' I say.

•|♡|•

I hear a loud horn coming from the docks of the island not too far from where Lana and I are. It must be one of the members of the Council who normally come by to discuss politics or City Affairs with Tenzin, but much to my surprise, I see Mako and Bolin boarding of the ferry and making their way up the stairs.

What are they doing here?

'Hi, Remora!' Bolin grins at me.

'What are you doing here?' I ask.

'We volunteered to help babysit the kids whilst Tenzin and Pema are off for their evening fun time extravaganza.' He explains with the jazz hands gesture.

I knit my eyebrows to get until realisation hits me. It's their wedding anniversary. Tenzin and Pema left to have a quiet dinner at one of the restaurants in the city and left Korra and I in charge of the kids.

I've been so focused and distracted by my own problems and the pregnancy that I completely forgot about it and now I feel bad. I didn't even get the chance to even wish them a happy anniversary or even sing them a little song. Maybe I should do that when they come back.

'How come the priss didn't tag along?' I ask Mako. 'She had to leave for Ba Sing Se with her dad for a business trip. She won't be back in the next few days.' He tells me.

'Why I am surprised? Of course, she'll follow him wherever he goes just like the daddy's little angel she is.' I scoff. 'Pathetic.'

Mako arches an eyebrow. 'What?' I ask.

'I find it odd that you two know each other but you don't like her.' He says. 'Just because I know her doesn't mean that I should like.' I roll my eyes. 'I don't like a lot of people. Especially people I see as pathetic.' I wrap my arms around my waist and turn to Bolin.

'Korra's at the spinning gates with the kids if you need her. And don't touch Lana. She gets really hostile towards strangers. Especially that little fire ferret of yours.'

'Pabu and I were just being nice.' He and his pet pout. 'If you want to lose an arm and a half-eaten fire ferret, be my guest. Don't coming bitching and moaning to me saying that I didn't warn you.' I give him a nonchalant look.