Mother's Day

By AcademyPrincess

"Is everything set for tomorrow?" Kota asked the group.

The boys were meeting at Nathan's, after having dropped Sang off with Sean and Owen for the weekend. The upcoming Sunday was Mother's day, and even though only a few of them still had a biological mother, or mother figure in their life, they still wanted to do something special for the one woman who always treated them no different than her own children. Erica.

During the week, they all put together a list of activities they thought that Erica would enjoy, while not having to do any of the planning herself. They'd leave the actual Sunday for whatever she may have wanted to do with her children, but Saturday would be a day for them all to enjoy with her. They even got Jessica to agree to go to a friend's house for the day, so there would be no interruptions.

"Everything's good to go," Victor confirmed. "Uncle's agreed to open the diner late. The boutique is aware that we'll be arriving between twelve and one. And I've booked Adam for a two hour time slot, just in case we get to Marie's late."

"Perfect," Kota smiled. "And the tickets?"

"Will be waiting for us at the box office."

"Was there any trouble with your parents?" North asked Victor, his arms crossed over his chest as he reclined on the couch.

"No problems," Victor answered. "George wants me to play at the dinner he's hosting for Jasmine, but that's not until Sunday."

"You'll let us know if that changes?" North questioned.

"Of course."

"Good," Kota replied with a nod. "Luke? Is the menu set?"

"Affirmative bossman," Luke replied with a mock salute.

"Luke, be serious." Kota frowned.

"Will you relax?" Luke huffed. "Everything's going to be fine. Uncle OK'd the menu, and he's even bringing in a couple of workers early so that we won't have to be behind the counter."

"And since Uncle OK'd it," Gabriel interrupted. "North shouldn't have any complaints that might ruin Erica's day."

"I'd never ruin Erica's day!" North grunted.

"Yeah, never on purpose," Nathan replied, trying to suppress his laughter.

"That wasn't my fault!" North argued. "Luke's the one who talked her into dessert before dinner!"

"It was her birthday!" Luke exclaimed. "If she wanted to have cake before dinner, I think she's entitled to cake before dinner!"

"Alright, that's enough!" Kota declared. "No one is ruining this day for Mom. Accidental or otherwise. Are we clear?"

"I was ten!" shouted Luke.

"Kota, stop worrying," said Silas, stopping the fight between the brothers before it got any worse. "Everything will be perfect, and Erica will have a great time."

"I hope you're right, Silas," Kota sighed. "She's been overdoing it at work again. I just want her to relax this weekend without having to worry about Jess or me."

"Everything will be fine, Kota," Nathan assured him. "Erica will get a relaxing weekend, even if it kills us."

"Famous last words," Gabriel whispered to Luke, and the two of them started snickering.

The guys all relaxed around the living room a bit longer, before heading out to their separate homes. North and Luke took Silas home in the Jeep. Victor drove Gabriel back to Pam, and Kota went down to Tom's house to get Jessica and bring her home.