Introduction

A/N: This is more of an introduction instead of a first chapter. I thought it was better if I posted an introduction just to give a brief glimpse into the state of the wizarding world in this fic (More of to set the stage for my story). Please don't judge the fic by this chapter.

Aside from Minister of Magic Tom Riddle, the struggles of muggle-borns (Lily and Hermione highlighted), there will also be a focus on the Potter family with James and Lily raising Harry and his siblings. And of course, the Marauders (Sirius and Remus have wives and kids too) would feature prominently.

Introduction

Tom Riddle never killed anyone, never sought to become immortal and never became Lord Voldemort. He decided to gain power by working his way up in Ministry of Magic. After graduation, he joined the Ministry as an assistant and used his good looks, talent, manipulative nature and charm to work his up. He also found himself a wife from an affluent, pureblood family.

In 1971, Tom Riddle became the Minister of Magic with the support of affluent pureblood families like the Blacks, the Malfoys, and his in laws, the Yaxleys. He had gained their favor by presenting a government that deprived muggle-borns and gave purebloods extra privileges. In 1976, he came up with a law that banned muggle-borns from attending Hogwarts. Aside from depriving muggle-borns, this also served to reduce the contact between wizard-borns and muggles in order to reduce the chances of wizard-borns marrying muggle-borns. However, the muggle-borns who had already begun their Hogwarts education prior to 1976 were allowed to complete their Hogwarts education.

Tom realized that leaving muggle-borns in the muggle world would pose as a threat to exposing their world to muggles. Hence, he set up a new school for muggle-borns called TMBS (The Muggle-born School) in order to bring muggle-borns into their world and bind them by their wizarding laws. TMBS had a curriculum that was much lower in standard than Hogwarts. The curriculum at TMBS served mostly to help them control their powers rather than use it.

Each summer, ministry representatives were sent to the houses of the new students who were about to enter Hogwarts to do a blood test on them. The blood-test had to show they were at least half-bloods before their enrollments were confirmed. Any student who failed the blood test were sent to TMBS. Muggle-borns were also tested by the representatives sent to their home in case they had unknown wizarding ancestry. Surprisingly, some were indeed discovered to be half-blood due to a hidden paternity, adoption or being switched at birth.

Muggle-borns were severely deprived of job opportunities in the wizarding worlds. Muggle-borns who desired to work for the ministry were only allowed low positions. Teaching at TMBS was one of the limited job opportunities that were available to muggle-borns as they were not allowed to teach at Hogwarts. In 1990, a law that banned purebloods and half-bloods from marrying muggle-borns and muggles was enacted.

=chapter 1 coming up=

A/N: A/N: Please remember to FOLLOW ME or add the story to YOUR READING LIST if you want updates and VOTE if you liked the story.

 I apologize if the introduction was more of a boring history. I had to get the history over with before delving into the actual story.

This is just a brief history. More detail would be provided gradually as the story progresses.