9 | Heartbeat increase

"It's okay. Possibly, could you tell me what happened that made you so afraid of the dark?"

"When I was younger, an unknown stranger kidnapped me for money. He asked for 100,000$ from my parents. But he locked me up in a very dark place and starts using violence. He left some marks on me, so whenever it's dark, I become afraid"

"Now, you have me. Save my number as your emergency contact"

Yoona gave her phone to Sehun to let him save his number on her phone.

"Yoona, can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

"Have you ever been in love?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"I'm not interested. I don't want to go through a heartbreak. I don't want to be cheated on. I don't want to be in a one-sided love. I just don't want to be in love"

"What if I'm trying to make a move on you?"

"You're probably doing it just for fun"

"What if I'm serious?"

"Why would you be serious? Have you not been in love before?"

"I have. But I've never been in a relationship. I've met plenty of girls who only want me for my money, not my love. I want to experience being in love too... Yoona, can I try something?"

"What?"

Sehun leans in closer to Yoona until they're about an inch close. Yoona felt her heart beating fast. She quickly walks away when Sehun grabs her wrist and push her to the wall, "How do you feel?"

"Feel what?"

"Is your heart beating fast?"

"Is yours beating fast?"

"Kind of"

"Why would it beat fast around me?"

"Because to me, you're unique. You're the type of girl I've been searching for. You make me want to protect you. You make me understand how hard it is to find money. You helped me. You stayed by me even when others are looking down on me because of my downfall. Lastly, I want to be your first and your last"

"Yah! Why are you suddenly getting lovey dovey"

Yoona quickly pushes Sehun away and went downstairs to make dinner.

Sehun quickly showers and came downstairs. He then went to sit at the dining table.

"When are your parents coming back?"

"Maybe around 1-2 more days"

Yoona then places a plate of japchae (sweet glass noodle stir fry) in front of Sehun.

"Thanks for the food" Sehun smiles.

"Eat up"