V1 C8

Important notes:

Chinese calligraphy/Brush writing:

Chinese brush writing was one of the earliest developments by the Chinese. They also invented paper! In ancient China one’s writing was often also considered an art form. How well you wrote reflected your teachings as well as your artistry. Commonly, the brush tip was derived from feathers or animal hair.

------ ---

Since their engaging conversation, Rong Wang became a regular visitor to the Prince’s quarters. In comparison to humiliating and torturing the worthless Prince through the darkness of the night, Rong Wang had a new found joy just watching the peculiar Feng Ming during the light of day, the new Prince proved to be more interesting with each moment.

The lessons given on court proceedings and etiquette were genuinely a messy affair. Rong Wang’s teachings were entwined with actions a ruler should not mix in with serious business. This was the countless kisses the King had selfishly implemented on Feng Ming as an ongoing requirement.

“A kiss when we meet, before I leave, before you speak, before a meal if we are sharing a table and before you sleep.”

Feng Ming brows narrowed in irritation and he counted the orders with his fingers.

His tongue had gradually healed over the days where he could articulate himself again in every aspect even occasionally answering back to the Regent King. However, he was aware of these endless kisses that were demanded from him was just utter nonsense.

For the sake of not driving Rong Wang into another fit of rage he complied. To avoid another episode of “shedding of blood” it was the best idea to let Rong Wang take his underhanded advantages over him. Considering they were both male, it was hard to tell which party was more disadvantaged.

Rong Wang was certainly not satisfied with just simple kisses, but the thought of Feng Ming’s defiance and unyielding glares and the fact the boy would rather sacrifice his life left the King feeling scrupulous.

Both had their minds set in their individual actions for now which allowed them to be compatible for moment being.

“How am I going to manage these kisses, I fear my mouth is still quite swollen, alas…” Feng Ming’s large eyes darted firmly onto Rong Wang hoping he buy in an excuse. His death glare was closely followed with a sigh, pretending as if he was the one at a lost for their intimacy.

Rong Tian was at the desk writing, upon hearing Feng Ming’s exaggerated sigh he placed down his writing brush and offered.

“Don’t put up this act, you’ve already stalled for days, you have to write.”

Regardless with Feng Ming’s wishes, Rong Tian was determined to have him continue the original Prince’s lifestyle and this was inclusive of mimicking the Prince’s writing. Feng Ming was unwilling to take up the brush.

King Rong extended the brush he had briefly dipped in ink, in front of Feng Ming.

The Prince eyed the brush in front of him with oddly and spun his face towards the King.

"Let’s do this instead, how about I tell you another funny story, it’s called Alibaba and..." he tried before he was cut short.

Taking no heed of the storytelling, Rong Wang forcibly placed the brush into the slender hands and issued him a warning with his deadly eyes.

Feng Ming looked at the brush in his hand and tried his one sided bargaining once more.

“How about this, you write and demonstrate for me and for each word I’ll give you a kiss in return.”