"Swan..." Hook murmured in an attempt to calm her.

"He'll have to withstand much more than this is he continues along this path, though. Might as well get him used to being weak and in pain."

Emma could not comprehend how the nurse could be so unfeeling and harsh. With her comment, she was stunned into silence and turned back to Hook. "You doing okay?" She asked him.

He nodded while grimacing, "Fine, love, go back to the cafeteria." Of course, even he knew this was a weak attempt. Emma ignored him and pulled her chair closer just as his face turned green. Still standing, she grabbed one if the small gray bins from a desk drawer and held it under his mouth.

"You're alright," she murmured into his ear and rubbed his back. Killian kept retching though.

"Emma..." He whimpered, his use of her first name indicating how bad this was.

"Just breathe," she told him uselessly as another round came out his mouth.

"I can't." He vomited for the fifteenth time and Emma, unable to watch it any longer, pressed the nurse call button furiously.

Ana burst into the room a few seconds later to see Killian withering in pain and vomiting. "Oh, honey," she whispered and pulled a syringe from a bag attached to her hip. "They just approved a shot to help with the vomiting," she explained to Emma and the turned to Hook, "You're going to feel a slight pinch, but it will help control the vomiting." Emma continued to rub his back as Ana injected him with some clear liquid.

It started to work within seconds and Hook's muscles began to relax. "There," Ana murmured and patted his shoulder before leaving them alone.

Without saying anything, Emma helped him lay back and then pulled the blankets up to his neck. She then sat down in the plastic chair and watched him carefully. His eyes rolled lazily over to her, a side effect, and just settled there. They were numb and humiliated at the same time. "Better?" She asked.

"Kind of," he mumbled, his speech was slowed. The clock read ten.

Seeing a small blue pitcher and matching cup, she poured some water and offered it. Killian's hand came up from the blanket and he took a small sip of the water before handing it back to her. "Thanks." Emma nodded and watched as his eyes started to slip closed.

His face, unusually pale, relaxed into innocence and peace. She'd never seen him that way before and it was interesting. Her hand reached out, seemingly its own accord, and began running its fingers through his dark hair. In sleep, it was like Hook relaxed into her touch. "You're going to be okay," Emma murmured. "Everything is going to be fine." The assurances were more for herself than for him, by any means. He moaned and Emma jerked her hand back to her lap, and then she heard a beep. Looking around, she was unsure which monitor it was coming from. It happened again a few second later, but still she was unable to determine where it was coming from. Glancing back to Hook, his face was completely drained of color.

Then, she scream. It was like some kind of nightmare, something that only happened in movies. Hook jerked once and then his entire body began to violently spasm. Emma pressed the emergency call button continuously until three nurses and Dr. Whale ran into the room.

"What happened?!" Dr. Whale asked over the racket of nurses pulling out utensils.

"I don't-I don't know! He just started doing this." Her voice shook and her eyes stung. Slowly, she began backing into a corner as they rolled Hook onto his side and placed something plastic in his mouth. They shouted information back and forth to each other and everyone looked flustered.

Hook's body continued to seize and all the nurses did was hold him on his side. "He's going to vomit!" One called and they rolled him further, being careful of flailing limbs. He involuntarily retched over the side of the bed, getting some on the bed and himself. Emma gasped and wrung her fingers together tightly. She knew she would get no answers to questions and that it wouldn't help anyone.

"Oh, shit," Dr. Whale mumbled. Emma glanced around the nurses and saw a dark pool forming from Hook's middle. She turned away, the stench of vomit and urine now too much for her.

The whole thing lasted about four minutes, but it felt like hours to Emma who was now emerging from the corner. A nurse pulled the plastic thing from his mouth and then they rolled him on his back again. Emma could now see vomit trailed down the front his shirt and a large circle of urine covering the sweat pants. Internally gagging, she positioned herself about two feet from the bed.

"Hook. Hook, can you open your eyes?" Dr. Whale began peeling open his eyelids and shining a light into them. He moaned and then his eyelids began to flutter of their own accord. "Hook, you just had a grand mal seizure. It was extremely long and intense, so you're possibly going to be experiencing discomfort. You also expelled your bladder and stomach contents; a nurse will clean you as soon as I finish this exam." Killian, barely conscious, had to follow Whale's finger and perform other simple tests, all while covered in his own filth. He didn't look at her the entire time.

-)(-

"Alright," Dr. Whale said when he was finished, " there doesn't seem to be any problems. I'll start you on an anti-seizure medication, though to be safe. A nurse will clean you up and get a gown." Two of the three nurses left when he did.

"Alrighty," she smiled. Her dark hair was back in a pony tail, but gray hair was still evident, her eyes were blue and kind. "If I can just have you try to sit up, we'll get you out of those clothes."

Killian turned to Emma for the first time since seizing. "Please go," he whispered, shame and embarrassment filled his eyes and reddened his cheeks.

Emma nodded, "Let me know when you're done." After squeezing his shoulder gently, she walked into the waiting room.

-)(-

The nurse, Monica, helped him sit and then carefully removed his shirt. "Had quite an episode you did," she said conversationally. Hook nodded, but couldn't think of anything to say back. His head was pounding and everything just hurt, and that wasn't even to mention the chemo running trough his veins. You'd think a man would get a break after having a seizure, but of course not. "Almost scared your girlfriend to death."

The words, "She's not my girlfriend," came flowing out of his mouth.

"Oh!" Her eyes widened in surprise as she diligently began to take a cloth and clean any trace of vomit. "I'm sorry, I just assumed. She was so frightened."

"It's fine. Her choice. Not mine."

Monica wetted down the cloth again, "Ah, I see now. Well, you never know, I've seen many come through those door to witness their loved ones in pain, you seemed like a loved one to her." She out the cloth in a basin. "Now, let's stand you up and clean up your pants. If you feel up to it, you can do it in the bathroom as I clean the bed."

Hook shrugged, "I can handle, it" he told her, but he was unsure, the spasms were returning slowly.

"Alright." She handed him a hospital gown and then set to stripping the bed.

-)(-