Relic Summit

“One more relic,” said a deep horrific voice. “And the universe will fear us. They will know our name.”

“Patience, Cyrus” a figure the same size as Cyrus and his army said. Interior lights shone the creature’s dark armor and gave a faint glow of cobalt blue. “Do not be driven by greed.”

Cyrus swayed his giant chair left and right while inspecting two glowing stones floating before a device which casted a strong blue light like a hologram, casting shadows on the ceiling.

Bright neon lights of different shades gave color to the room, revealing sturdy jet black metallic walls. Behind Cyrus, a big hologram displayed a radar: the center being a huge block, it’s their spaceship. Gibberish numbers and letters scattered everywhere on the hologram, the biggest one displays their travel speed. Light years.

“The relic of Ceres” said Cyrus, pointing at a stone the color of lavender, carved with unknown symbols. “Long lived at the stronghold of our planet and holds the ability to produce infinite amounts of resources.”

Years with the former king alive, other planets negotiated with them a lot. Offering any kinds of material, may it be blueprints, a skilled knight in change for resources: rations, ores, weapons, supplies and such. It would take a worker hours and days to find a single mineral underground, but with the relic forged by the former king, things are made easy.

“The relic of Pax” he pointed at the stone glowing with the color of sapphire, also carved with unknown symbols. “Ability to bless creatures with unfair strength. Great for leading armies. Stolen from a rival planet, Xasica.”

“Then, the relic of Zorak.” he pointed at a floating outline of a stone. “Ability to shift any matter into dust or a damn huge star. In any shape, too. And that thing will be heading into our planet in no time. Once the three relics are joined? It’s show time.”

“We’d still have to wait for Eli. If it wasn’t for you giving him a second chance, then it’d be--”

“No, Nero. We haven’t brought the tools to extract the relic from Eli. So why not lure him instead, stealing his--” he pointed at Sarah, tied with lots of wires connecting to her wrists, neck and other parts. She was motionless, floating in a jar filled with a glowing substance that took over the remaining space. “Whatever that thing is.” he waved his arm off.

The spaceship travelled at immense speed, trudging past countless stars, constellations, planets. Isolated space rocks left long trails like fireworks as they went nearby a scorching star. There were albeit millions of them, scattered everywhere in this spectacular thing called Outer Space. Giant clouds of gas are also observed with a mix of different shades from gray to violet to white and such. Earth is far away now, and would be seen as a speck of dust.