Su Xiao Ya gripped the cheque in her hand, and told herself to endure the pain. It was pointless to explain anything to someone who didn't understand her and who didn't care about her.

For the first time, Su Xiao Ya lost her control in front of Li Cheng. She threw the cheque at his face and she ran upstairs.

'Miss Su, why are you late today?' a manager asked.

'I'm sorry,' Su Xiao Ya said. She wiped her tears. 'Today I'm feeling unwell. Can I take sick leave?'

'Alright,' the manager said. 'Take care of your health.'

'Thank you,' Su Xiao Ya said.

Li Cheng overheard Su Xiao Ya's conversation with the manager. Li Cheng had misunderstood her. Wasn't three hundred thousand dollars enough? She had a job, why did she have to work a second job?

Su Xiao Ya ran out of building. She didn't watch where she was going, and a car braked before it ran her over.

Huyen Di got out of the car.

'Miss, are you injured?' Huyen Di asked.

Su Xiao Ya shook her head. She had to stay alive. If she died, there was no one to take care of her little sister, Su Xiao Min.

Huyen Di nodded his head. He got back into his car and left.

Su Xiao Ya ran home, and she heard Su Xiao Min crying in the living room

'Big sister...' Su Xiao Min called.

'Xiao Min, it's OK,' Su Xiao Ya said. 'Big sister is here.'

'Bitch, you're home,' Su Wu Chun said. 'Where's the money? Isn't today your pay day?'

'I've given you one hundred thousand dollars,' Su Xiao Ya said.

Su Xiao Ya needed to save the rest of the divorce money to support Su Xiao Min through school and for their daily staples. If Su Wu Chun didn't have custody of Su Xiao Min, she would have given him nothing.

'One hundred thousand dollars isn't enough,' Su Wu Chun said. 'I still owe money. Give me another one hundred thousand dollars.'

'I don't have money,' Su Xiao Ya said.

'Where's your rich husband?' Su Wu Chun asked. 'Doesn't he give you a monthly allowance?'

'No,' Su Xiao Ya said.

'What do you mean no?' Su Wu Chun asked and raised his hand to hit Su Xiao Ya and Su Xiao Min.

Su Xiao Ya hugged Su Xiao Min and protected Su Xiao Min from Su Wu Chun.

'There's no money because we're divorced,' Su Xiao Ya said. 'Are you satisfied?'

Su Wu Chun didn't know where Su Xiao Ya found the courage to talk back to him. He punched Su Xiao Ya's face.

'Bitch, what do you mean divorce?' Su Wu Chun asked. 'With your ugly face, where are you going to find another rich husband? Go back and do whatever it takes to beg him to take you back. Get back my money. I don't care if you threaten to commit suicide in front of him, I want my money now.'

'Don't hit my big sister!' Su Xiao Min said.

Su Xiao Min let go of Su Xiao Ya. Su Xiao Min pushed Su Wu Chun back. He lost his balance, fell down and hit his head on the glass coffee table. Su Xiao Min was scared to see his head bleed and she hid her face on Su Xiao Ya's chest.

'Big sister... I didn't mean to...' Su Xiao Min said.

'Xiao Min, don't be scared,' Su Xiao Ya said. 'You didn't do anything.'