Chapter 9 -- Sweet like candy

Start from the beginning

He hummed, “Enders game.” He pushed me, causing me to fall off the bed.

“What was that for?” I huffed, throwing the pillow at him. He caught it and laughed, “Your fat ass was taking up all the space.”

“One, I’m not that fat, and two, you’re much bigger than me!” I exclaimed, he lay down and made sure to take up almost all the space on my queen sized bed. He started to fake snore.

I pushed him but he didn’t budge, I pushed him again and just failed miserably when I ended up accidentally hitting my toe with the foot of the bed.

“How much do you weigh?” I grumbled. I kicked his leg, “Stop pretending to be sleeping!” Fine. Be that way. I put a pillow over his leg and sat on it.

“I hope you get pins and needles!” I frowned, grabbing my laptop and opening it up to where I get movies. I felt a shift beneath me; Jason sat up and smiled at me weirdly.

“You do know that you’re sort of sitting on my lap already.”

When I realized what he said, I started to feel the heat creep up my neck and to my face. Lo and behold, Tomato Anna. I shoved my laptop to his stomach and stood up, grabbing a pillow in the process.

“You’re so annoying!” I shrieked, hitting him multiple times with my pillow. He just kept shielding himself and laughing at me.

Ding dong!

“That must be the pizza. I’ll go get it, and trust me, I wont give you any of the delicious crusty heaven my mom bought for us.”

He pouted at me and stretched his arms wide, “I’m sorry. Give me a hug.” He said teasingly. I grabbed the glass of water on my bedside and poured it on him before stomping out the room, his amused chuckles bouncing down the hallway.

My feet made no noise as I ran barefoot down the wooden stairs, “I’m coming!” I yelled as the doorbell rang once more.

I unlocked the door and stared blankly at the person (who isn’t the pizza man) standing in front of me.

“So you were lying weren’t you? You aren’t on a date, are you?” Rainier said, leaning against the doorframe.

I humored him, “Oh no! I’m not. I’m here, too shy to go ‘hang out’ with you.” I said, every word dripping with sarcasm.

“I knew it!” He smirked.

“Well Mr. Stupid, I hope you know what sarcasm is.” I crossed my arms over my chest.

He smiled, “Where Ms. Idiot, you should have known I was joking when I said ‘I knew it’.”

“Oh rea—,” I was cut off when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist.

“Babe, what was taking so long?” I rolled my eyes, not turning to look at Jason, “Nothing. Rainier here thinks I lied when I said I was with you.” I paused for a moment, “And don’t call me babe.”

I just stared at Rainier whose perfect brow was raised questionably at Jason. I turned around and my mouth dropped open.

“Why the hell are you shirtless?!” I shrieked, covering my eyes.

“Why the hell are you shirtless.” He mimicked in an overly exaggerated version of my voice, “Well who threw water all over me?”

Oops.

I gave an exasperated sigh, “Go get one of my biggest shirts in my closet.” I liked big shirts so I guess a few will fit Jason.

“Alright.” He tightened his hold on me possessively before running back up the stairs.