Chapter 4-- Amusing you say? (Part 1)

A/N: Heres the next chapter! hope you enjoy. sorry for the wait. :) OH! it\s only part one because:

1: theres no internet at home

2: Hectic week, NCAE'S (which I need for college), feeding program for the adopted children, Feild trip, checking of exams.. then we're going to watch a play for educational purposes. soo.. I AM REALLY SORRY. I'm uploading the next part as soon as I can! PROMISE.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

Chapter 4— Adorable

A mischievous smile tugged at my lips as I pushed through the double glass doors of the library, but before I could do anything else I was pulled into a bone-crushing hug by my favorite librarian.

“Anna, dear!” Mrs. Bernard, stood there beaming at me once she had let go of me, “It’s been such a long time since I last saw you.” She said in a quiet voice.

I answered in the same tone, “Yeah. I saw you three weeks ago.” Mrs. Bernard worked at the Public library near my house during summer.

“You grow up so fast!” She gushed, “And you have a boyfriend!”

I grimaced, “Whatever Jason’s been telling you, please don’t believe him. He is not my boyfriend.” I told her. My black shoes made no noise whatsoever on the carpeted floor while I walked towards the ‘Teen Fiction’ section.

She looked at me in confusion, “Jason? He’s in California last time I heard from him. I was talking about that strapping young lad behind you.” She looked over my shoulder, and so did I. Ranier Williams was leaning against one of the wooden shelves, looking at me as if I was the most interesting person in the world.

“Oh. You’re still there.” I turned back to Mrs. Bernard, “Jason’s back from California.”

Mrs. Bernard shot me a disapproving glare, “Anna, don’t be so rude to your friend.”

“Acquaintances.” I corrected her.

Williams tilted her head, “I thought we agreed to be friends?” I internally groaned, we did, just forty minutes ago. I counted.

“You know what? Why don’t we break that agreement? I don’t think I can handle being your friend without ripping your head off.” I told him in a low whisper. I grabbed ‘The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer’ from the shelf and started to skim through it.

It seemed so interesting; I placed it on the nearest table and continued my search. “You know honey, sometimes you become friends with the people you least expect.” Mrs. Bernard informed me. I scoffed, friends? With Ranier? Sure that would have made me jump in joy just a few months back, but all it did now was make me gag.

“Well, I better get back to work. I don’t want to get fired.” She turned to walk away but not without saying, “Sometimes, you end up being more than friends with the person you least expect to.” She hobbled off, a sly grin on her face. I think I puked a bit in my mouth. Gross.

My hands roamed the shelf, looking for suitable books. I didn’t stop until there were at least five thick books on my table. I sat down on the plush red sofa, making myself comfortable. Williams sat across from me, his head resting on his right hand; His eyes were burning a hole on my face again. Determined to ignore him for an hour or so, I read the descriptions and first pages of all the books I gathered, so far I was choosing between ‘The Witch of Portobello’ and ‘The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer’ I decided on the latter later on.

I read and read until I reached half of the book where one particular paragraph caught my attention,

“You're the girl who called me an asshole the first time we spoke. The girl who tried to pay for lunch even after you learned I have more money than God. You're the girl who risked her ass to save a dying dog, who makes my chest ache whether you're wearing green silk or ripped jeans. You're the girl that I--" Noah stopped, then took a step closer to me. "You are my girl.”