Chapter 8 - Jealous Jackass and Jumping Jellybeans

Chapter 8 – Jealous Jackass and Jumping Jellybeans

True to his words, Jason made it absolutely obvious that we were together no matter how many times I tell people that it’s temporary, they keep cooing at me and congratulating me.

“Why so blue babe?” I shot a threatening glare at Jason, “Okay, I won’t call you babe!” He kissed my temple and intertwined our hands together.

“The whole school knows Jason!”

He raised a brown brow, “Why is that so bad?”

“I don’t want people knowing because, what if I can’t like you the same way you like me? Then I have to break up with you, everyone will think how much of a heartless person I am!”

He ran a hand through his hair, “Jesus Christ Belle, when did you become the kind of person who cares so much about what people think?”

“You know when.”

“Why can’t you let that go? It’s been four years Anna!”

Blood rushed to my cheeks in anger, “You know why I can’t let that go! It broke me.”

“My parents died, you don’t see me still broken over that!”

I kicked the nearest thing to me, which was a potted plant, “Damnit! I’m not you! You have Shay in replacement of your parents! You weren’t that close to your parents either!” I can feel the dirt that went into my shoes, making me more annoyed.

Jason’s eyes softened, “Belle… I-I’m so sorry.” He stretched out his arms; I walked closer to him and hugged him.

“I’m sorry for kicking Shay’s plant.”

“’S’okay… I’d tell her that I did it.” He rested his chin on top of my head. Damn everybody for being taller than me.

I laughed, “You’d do that for me?”

“Yup. It’s one of the perks of being Jason Harlan’s temporary girlfriend.” I inhaled his scent, making me swoon. He smelt like cinnamon and sandalwood.

Maybe I could like him after all.

~~~

“Roses are red, Violets are blue, it makes me wonder; with a face like that, why am I with you?” I grinned, poking Jason in the rib.

“My hair is brown, your hair is black; you’re so small you could fit in a potato sack.”He poked me back. I slapped his hand away, He can’t poke me! I’m too ticklish.

My friends groaned in unison, “Would you guy’s stop flirting!? I’m trying to eat here.” April fake gagged, “This ‘thing’ was okay but you’re just making me puke.”

“Yeah!” Patricia piped in, “You guys are so sweet it hurts my teeth.”

I rolled my eyes, “We were basically insulting each other.”

“Hmm… but in a sweet kind of way.” Sherlene said, shoving her green peas into her mouth.

There was a tap on my shoulder.

“Yes?” I saw Ranier standing there, holding a professional camera in his hand, “What can I do for you?”

His jaw clenched, “Can I take a picture of the both of you?” I glanced at his attire, instead of the usual uniform and letterman jacket, every piece of clothing I saw on him was pink, even the pants! He wore a headband with a giant heart on it, “For couple of the year.”

I raised a brow, “When did you become part of the photography committee? And don’t we have to be nominated to be part of the contest?”

He ignored my first question, “Someone nominated you.” He opened the palm of his hand, revealing a crumpled piece of paper. I grabbed it, and checked out the handwriting.