04.

04. Challenges

As the three came out of the shuttle, no one was there to greet them. "Shit, we're late." Harry cursed as Dahlia followed behind him. As the walked, the female Kingsman noticed their missing candidate. She smiled as Eggsy stood in awe, looking towards the planes, cars and machinery.

"Your father had the same look on his face... As did I.... Come on." Harry informed, walking forward to the rest of the Kingsman candidates.

"Galahad, Elaine." Merlin greeted, simultaneously handing Dahlia a clipboard, glasses and a blazer that matched her plaid skirt.

"Our code names." Harry explained to Egssy before standing by Merlin

"In you go." Dahlia informed him, reaching her arm out to the open door. "Oh and Eggsy." She called, before he left with the rest. "Just because they're richer than you, doesn't mean they're better than you." Eggsy smirked in the slightest as he slowly closed in the gap between them.

"How'd you know if they richer than me?" He asked in a teasing manner. "Just because I don't have money, don't mean I don't got riches." He said, winking at her. Dahlia rolled her eyes and pushed him away towards the room full of candidates.

"Fall in!" Dahlia instructed before putting on her blazer. She watched the nine recruits stand attentively. In her eyes there where only eight real candidates... June, was already a Kingsman herself. Undercover as a girl who would die in the hands of he other candidates if they didn't work together.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Merlin and this is Elaine. You are about to embark on what is probably the most dangerous job interview in the world... One of you, and only one of you, will become the next Lancelot." Merlin spoke as he slowly walked over to one of the bunks, retreating a navy green pouch, holding it up. "Can anybody tell Elaine what this is?" Hands went flying in the air but a few where missing. She gazes over the candidates when her eyes caught Charlie's. A face she recognized from the recent files she had read. He was recruit by the head myself, Arthur.

"Yes?" She asked, waiting for the correct answer?

"A body bag, Miss Elaine." He informed.

Dahlia nodded. "Correct. Charlie, isn't it?" She asked, making sure her she wasn't wrong.

"Yes, m'am." Charlie said with a small smile. Feeling in the slightest accomplished.

The female kingsman looked over at Merlin, signaling him to continue. "In a moment, you will each collect a body bag." As the recruits looked over at their bunks. "You will write your name on that bag. You will write the details of your next of kin on that bag... This represents your acknowledgment of the risks that you're about to face as well as your agreement to strict confidentiality. Which, incidentally, if you break-"

"Will result in you and your next of kin, being in that bag." Dahlia informed, cutting off Merlin. "Is that understood?" She asked, letting the candidates nod but Eggsy looked around, perplexed. She smiled, not noticing the confusion on Eggsys face. "Excellent...Fall out." Dahlia instructed before following Merlin out he door.

He looked down at her as she looked into the the double sided mirror. "No favoritism." He told her but she shook it off and scoffed.

"What is with you and Harry, thinking I fancy Eggsy?" She lightly hissed.

Merlin caught her light glance, "I never said you fancied Eggsy..." He teased but once again, Dahlia rolled her eyes.

"Whatever... I'll be back- I have to call my dad." She said, starting to walk away.

"How is Samuel?" Merlin asked with concern. After Amelia, he was never the same.

The daughter shrugged, "He's drinking again, but he's alright. I think he's more lost than anything after the retirement... I believe he doesn't know what to do now since he has all this free time in his hands." The girl paused and turned to look at Merlin. "I think he knows about the thing my mother gave me." She told him, looking devastated.