ONE

"No Gemma, I have to stay sane for surgery tomorrow." I slipped my pumps off my feet making a mental note to get new ones, a breath of relief passed through my nostrils as my feet were released from the tight cage as we all call "shoes" to the cold floor of my apartment.

"Come on now, it's your wedding week, you should have taken a break from work." She whined, I looked up wondering why she's my best friend.

"Healing shouldn't stop because I'm getting married." I packed my hair into a bun, looking at my image on the mirror that's skillfully placed on the wall close to my study table.

"The world would be fine." She groaned I rolled my eyes walking over to get some wipes to clean off my makeup.

"Breast Augmentation Surgery takes a lot of focus, I'd be needing my rest." Placing the cold wipes on my face, turning to a pouting Gemma.

"But the girls are already at the club, for fuck sakes Loren it's Friday. This is your last outing with your girlfriends before being married."

Girlfriends?

"You mean your friends, I could care less about those girls." I only have one friend and that's Gem. My reply gained a frustrated sigh from Gem.

"Okay fine, but is it so bad that your best friend wants to hang out with you?" There it is, she always tries to guilt me into doing her will. I hated my self for saying it, but I did.

"Okay, fine." I rolled my eyes as soon as I spotted the excitement on her face.

"11, when it's 11 I'll leave," I said sternly, pulling my dress off.

"Okay, Fine. We are going to have so much fun." She squealed.

"I'm going to shower." I pulled my towel along, heading towards the bathroom.

"You still got a nice ass sis." She called out before I closed the door, making me smile.

She's crazy.

•••

"You are going to a club?" Javier looks at me in shock, I transferred my phone to my left hand before staring at Javier on the screen.

"Yeah, Gem says they are throwing me a stupid bachelorette." I looked ahead knowing Gemma would say something.

"Hey! I heard that." I laughed because she did as predicted.

"Hey, Gemma," Javier called out, I turned my phone to Gem so she'd have a better view of Javier.

"Hey, Javi." She waved before turning the car on. I placed the screen close to my face.

"Be careful, have your ring on at all times, they need to know you are taken." I looked at my fingers, holy shit! I must have left it in the bathroom.

"I got it right here with me." I lied, My best friend looked at my fingers and smirked at me knowingly.

I breathed out in relief, he didn't ask me to show him.

"Plus I'm going to be wearing a huge sash that says "the bride" you have nothing to worry about. " I joked, he lets out a laugh.

"Love you." He mutters.

"Love you too." I smiled before clicking the red button.

"I need to go get my ring." Placing my phone in my bag, before turning to Gem.

"Hell no, we are almost there." She argued pointing at the road ahead.

"It's all your fault." I glared insisting.