quatre vingt quatorze

GOLDEN DAYS─CHAPTER NINETY FOUR

━━━━

          Each hour had passed and only a few of people remained in the waiting room of the hospital

Each hour had passed and only a few of people remained in the waiting room of the hospital. The doctors were still handling Alyona and they could only hope that she was okay. Glenn, Channing and Damian went to talk to Lemkova while the others were forced to wait. Most of the time sobs were unwittingly escaping out of the girls' throats. Taron and Tom were desperately comforting Alycia and Madelaine, but to no avail. Bob and Adelaide, well, the two were the toughest of them all. Sure, there was a trail of tears in their eyes, but they were able to look strong.

On the other hand, Froy was beyond frustrated, sad, confused and terrified because he was once again unaware that Alyona was just pulling a tough demeanor earlier this night. It perfectly killed him to imagine her passing, but he knew he wasn't the controller of fate. Jenna and Lana tried to calm him down, saying that Alyona would be okay again, but it was all a void expectancy. He was so deeply immersed in his own thoughts until he didn't realize Glenn was now sitting next to him.

"Froy, isn't it?" Glenn spoke quietly which Froy automatically responded with a nod. "Lona told me a lot about you which I rarely heard from her. She never talked about boys in a romantic way, I guess." He shrugged nonchalantly, focusing his gaze outside the room. "So, when that day she started talking about you, I knew she'd end up experiencing what Channing had experienced for Jenna. My daughter was a bit reluctant to find a boyfriend I wonder why."

Froy let out an exasperated laugh. "Maybe she hasn't got the right one yet."

"She already has now, son." Glenn stated and patted his shoulder, motioning him to get out of the waiting room. "She's awake – go see her."

Nodding weakly, Froy stood up and made his way to her room. He honestly didn't know what to say to her father because it seemed that whatever he said would not change a thing. And it also showed that Glenn was so much better off pulling himself together in a situation like this than he was. Well, how could he not? Glenn had been in the same situation a couple of years ago and that's for sure made him able to control his emotions physically.

Froy stopped in front of the door and knocked before entering Alyona's room. He noticed Channing talking to her in a low voice as they were still unaware of his presence. Alyona's body was lying weak in the hospital bed and it pained him only to see her in such condition – she didn't deserve this at all. Once his presence seized their attention, Channing threw him a curt nod and left them both alone.

Alyona smiled weakly at the sight of him. "You came."

"Well, I couldn't leave my best girl." Froy replied and took a seat beside the hospital bed, instantly grabbing her cold hand. "How are you holding up?"

"Okay, I guess." Alyona muttered, staring at their intertwined hands. "I'm sorry for not saying anything to you."

Froy inhaled deeply and shook his head. "Don't worry about it."

"Is everyone okay?"

"Not. . .really. Madelaine and Alycia cried most of the time while Tom and Taron comforted them, Adelaide and Bob – they didn't show much emotion, but I knew they were a mess on the inside. Jenna and Lana, well, I haven't paid much attention to them since they also needed to keep an eye on Everly and Tania." Froy explained, rubbing circles on her hand.

Alyona only nodded and escaped a tiny laugh, gaining his attention in a split second. "You know, I've been thinking about you singing a song to me."

"You want me to do that?" Froy questioned, a small smile gracing his lips.

"If you don't mind."

Froy responded by giving her hand a gently squeeze before he softly humming, a beautiful tune that she liked the most. He took a deep breath before singing quietly. "When I think back on these times and the dreams we left behind, I'll be glad 'cause I was blessed to get to have you in my life." His voice was like an angel that she was absolutely lucky to hear it exclusively. Alyona could always picture him in the Hollywood's music industry one day in the future and she was pretty sure that he would perfectly fit in it. "When I look back on these days I'll look and see your face, you were right there for me."

Alyona felt tears burn in her eyes as she watched him, unconsciously tightening the grip on his hand. She had reached the blastic phase since three days ago and within three days the cancer was getting worse and worse – and in all honesty, she was extremely exhausted to fight the disease. It was greatly unfortunate that they couldn't relish the beauty of forever. "In my dreams, I'll always see you soar above the sky. In my heart, there will always be a place for you for all my life. I'll keep a part of you with me and everywhere I am there you'll be."

A tear eventually fell out of her eye as she rested her body back on the bed, secretly finding it hard to breathe. The pain was unbearable and it was like half of her body was momentarily numb. "And everywhere I am. . .there you'll be." Froy had been told that she didn't have much time, so this was certainly the last time he could see her alive. He noticed her struggle to stay awake, but he was damn convinced that Alyona was finally hit her final point. Silently as tears escaped out of his eyes, Froy immediately pressed the pager. "'Cause I always saw in you, my light, my strength. And I want to thank you now for all the ways, you were right there for me."

Froy stayed in his seat, his hand still locking tightly with her as he watched the doctors and nurses deluging the room. His vision was blurred with tears and he could hear the doctors yelling something to the others. And with his quiet and croaky voice, Froy finished the song, coinciding with her slowly loosened grip from his trembling hand.

"You were right there for me. . .for always."

And just like that, Alyona's heart monitor went flat.

━━━━

AUTHOR'S NOTE; holy crap my eyes. i'm so sorry if this is sucks😭