CHAPTER II

WHARTON'S POV

"Ok Wharton, my dad said that you can stay" she smiled leaning against the wall. If I were straight, I would have fallen for this girl. She's absolutely gorgeous inside and out.

But eww, that would be awkward! I'm glad I'm gay. It's who I am.

"But, we have to share one room" great. The awkwardness begins. But it's ok, she's my bestfriend.

"It's ok. In fact, I'm grateful. Thank you Mable" I smiled and gave her a light squeeze.

"Ok. Let's put your luggage in our room"

"Okay" I nodded.

We went upstairs to put my luggage inside our room.

Her room was neat and tidy. It was more comfortable than my room. It really looked like home.

"Would you mind if I take a shower?"

"No. Not at all, go ahead. Shower as much as you like"

"Thank you so much Mable. I promise I'll repay you when I'll turn 18 and have a share of my property" I held her hand tight.

"No, it's okay Art. It's my pleasure to help you" she said, calling me by my nickname.

I gave her a playful wink and went inside the bathroom to shower.

------------------------------

MABLE'S POV

I feel sorry for him. There's nothing wrong with being gay.

But I still remember the first day we met. We were still freshmen at that time and I had a total crush on him. He was so handsome that my nose would bleed, so nice that my heart would stop and so sweet that I would get diabetes.

To tell you the truth, I almost killed myself when he told me that he was gay on our sophomore year, literally. I tried to drown myself in our school's comfort room...using the sink, I know, tragic.

~Flashback~

*sobs* "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I want to die!" I cried hard while filling the small sink with water . Imagine a little pathetic girl with smudged lipstick and mascara running down her face while trying to wait for the sink to be full, pathetic. "Why can't I have any guy that I like???" cries drastically again "Good bye world! Adios!" I readily tied my hair and face-palmed myself on the sink, almost. Two hands grabbed my shoulders sturdily "WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TRYING TO DO MABLE??? ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOURSELF? Never mind don't answer that" I knew it was Wharton holding me back, why is he inside the girls comfort room? "Why did you know I was here?" I sobbed "Well duh, like, everyone in school is outside the cr, wondering why you're acting like a maniac and started losing yourself like a gorilla" my eyes grew wide at that statement "What's the matter Mable?" Wharton's voice was soft, I looked away "nothing..." I lied "nothing?? You tried to kill yourself for goodness sake and you chose the sink in the school's comfort room!" I stared at him "Well do you have any greater ideas?" I asked sarcastically, he stared at me with serious eyes. Oh no. "I'm sorry" I apologized and stared at the running water. Wharton turned it off and continued "Let's talk about this at your house, let's get you cleaned up girl" he held my hand. My hand fluttered at his touch... but I know he'll never be mine nor any girl in this universe. 

~Present time~

As I think of that memory, my whole existence cringes at the thought, boy I was so exaggerated and that was probably the most embarrassing moment of my entire life, much more like a disaster. After that incident, the other students started rumors that I dated a non-existent boy who broke up with me and tore me apart, which led to having a title of ' Schizophrenia girl' and I swear I don't have this chronic brain disorder, as I know of. In my whole sophomore year, everyone in school thought I was crazy, some thought that I was on steroids, what the flying-unicorn-poop, I may be weird but I don't do drugs. Bullies... well of course, they bullied me, but Wharton was always there beside me to fight for me. 

As I was saying, that experience of mine was stupid. I told him that my boyfriend broke up with me, but he had a hard time believing until I dropped the subject.  That was so exaggerated and immature of me to do that, we all have that stage in life right? Right. I got over it a long time ago

Anyway, I better prepare dinner.