CHAPTER IX

The day has finally come.

Well, night rather.

The winter’s ball that I kept on worrying about, for the whole week, has arrived. My brain kept on thinking whether or not I’ll look okay or I’ll just end up as a clown trying to dress up like a girl.

Yes, I have insecurities.

And yes, I’m not perfect. I mean, who is?

I grew up as the fat girl, and hearing my mother bombard me with insecurity-prone words that hit me hard, made me feel awfully imperfect. Until I entered High School, I went from fat to thin, but it never changed my perspective of myself as ugly.  I always believed that whatever your core is, it came from the teachings of your home.

Anyway, that’s why sometimes it's hard for me to believe whenever someone would say that I’m beautiful.

Back to the topic, people.

There you go again, talking to yourself.

Hey! You’re also me you know!

Yah, I know, what a bummer.

I glared at myself in front of the mirror.

“Abs.. uh.. “ Sky looked at me like I was maniac on the loose. “Why in the world are you looking at yourself in the mirror like you’re starting a war with yourself?” she eyed me once more before going back with curling my hair.

“Oh nothing, just talking to myself again” I said, mimicking a little girl.

I looked at myself with my makeup on I don’t look that bad though. My usual dry face looks very sparkly, shall I say.

“There, your hair is done” she squealed “You look so pretty Abs!” I smiled at her “Thank you Sky I wouldn’t look like this without your help” I chuckled “Ohh, that’s what friends are for right?” she gave me a short yet warm hug.

“So where’s your dress?” she asked. I answered her question by taking the dress out of the closet and giving it to her. It earned a very amazed reaction from her. “This is so beautiful Abs! How much is this?” she asked with excitement in her eyes. “Um… Art bought it for me” I scratched the back of my head and gave her a sly grin, she shrieked even more at the statement. “Ooohhhh Abs, Abs and Art Art sitting on the tree K-I-S-S-I-N---“.

“Stop it Sky! It sounds so weird and tacky!” I cut her off before laughing our butts off.

“But seriously though, If only he was straight, I would TOTALLY ship the both of you” she nudged my arm “Pft . Like THAT would ever happen” I rolled my eyes and smiled “Let me just put this on”

I changed into the dress Art gave me and put on the silver high heels that Sky let me borrow. My feet would totally hurt later because these heels are like skyscrapers!

Nah, just exaggerating.

I faced Sky and saw her with a shocked face. Her mouth was ajar and her eyes were wide “Is there something wrong with my dress? I don’t look good, do I?  I’ll just change into a simpler dress. Wait just a minute…”  I turned around to get another dress, but she grabbed my shoulders “Abs! Don’t. You look Amazing. Like seriously, If I were a boy, I would take you out right this instant” she stated “Your dress looks so beautiful on you, trust me” she gave me a reassuring smile. She knew that I would think otherwise because I wasn’t the confident type of girl. I smiled back at her “You look so beautiful too Sky” I thanked her internally. She wore a light blue dress that sparkles like mine and her blonde hair was curled beautifully.
“Shall we?” she spoke in a British accent. I laughed and replied. “We shall” we went down and saw that dad was already passed out on the couch, the camera lying on the floor “Dad? Wake up, we’re going to go now” I nudged him gently, waking him up. Dad woke up, speaking, gibberish words, obviously dreaming of something “Munchkin I still have to take your picture with your friends” he tried to compose himself and sat straight on the couch “Where’s Art?” before answering him, a voice appeared “I’m here” Art went down the stairs and my jaw automatically fell on the floor, oh the irony.

He was wearing a silver suit and his brownish blonde hair was perfectly fixed. He looked incredibly gorgeous, I can’t deny that. His brown eyes fixed on my brown orbs and he mirrored the same reaction as I did and it made me curious.

“Before all of you will go, let me take a picture of you” my dad grabbed the camera from the floor and took a picture of us three and he smiled “Munchkin you look beautiful” “thank you dad” I smiled back.

“Now let me take a picture of you and Art, if you don’t mind sky?” he wiggled his brows at her and smiled and she did the same. I facepalmed, this is going to be awkward, they’re both teasing me! I don’t even like him anymore and that was ages ago, Pft.

“Come on, let me take a picture” I groaned in my mind and slowly went near Art. His perfume gave me a nostalgic feeling, this was his signature smell when we were still in high school, and as weird as it sounds, I used to remember every little thing about him. “Closer” my dad spoke, we went nearer giving me the chills, the good kind of chills “Closer” I looked at him and he did too, his eyes were the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. It made me remember our old days.

Then, the camera flashed.

I couldn’t decipher the emotions that he had on his face at that moment, but there was one thing that I was sure of.

Because the moment the camera flashed, and the moment he looked into my eyes, I knew for certain that… my feelings for him was starting to come back again.

...

Yay

...

No.