15

Jungkook POV

I was laying on my bed when my mom knocked at the door. It was the middle of the week and I hadn't even gone to school once.

I stayed home all day by myself in my room, thinking of Taehyung.

My mom hadn't tried reprimanding me, she was still traumatized from when she found me lying covered in blood in the tub.

She knocked louder and called out my name. "What" I yelled as I pulled out one of my headphones. "It's about Taehyung" she said, and seconds later I was unlocking my door.

"What about him" I asked as I shoved my door open. "He has woken up" she said, so low that i barely heard her. In a haze I ran past her. "It's already nine thirty, visiting hours are over" she said and I stopped dead in my tracks.

I walked back towards my room a bit embarrassed that I ceased thinking at all when I thought of being able to see him.

"Thank-you mom" I said giving her a small back hug before walking back into my room and closing the door.

I stretched before slipping back underneath the covers. I turned off my music, shut off my phone, and pushed my phone onto the table next to my bed.

I stared up at the ceiling thinking of all the things I wanted to tell and ask Taehyung. I was super excited to see him tomorrow, and super happy that he was no longer suspended between life and death.

I wasn't tired at all but I forced myself to sleep.

Before I knew it I was stretching in front of the door all ready to head out. All I had on me was a water bottle in my hand and my phone in my back pocket.

My mom was already at work, she left me a note telling me to be safe, to tell Taehyung she said get better, and to go to school tomorrow now that I don't have to worry all day.

I ignored the world around me as I ran down the street, not even looking up from the ground until I was in front of large glass doors.

I stood and caught my breath for a second. I took a drink of water before I slipped into the large building.

I quickly made my way over to the nurse desk but none of them noticed me. "Hello" I breathed out still trying to catch my breath.

"Hello how can I help you" the nurse said as she looked up from her computer. She cocked her head to the side and her brow furrowed as I was pulled to the side by a woman.

"Hey Jungkook how have you been," Avaria said as we sat on a couple of chairs in the waiting room. I greeted her back before looking around anxiously and impatiently.

"I'm guessing your mom told you Taehyung regained consciousness," I just looked to Avaria confused as to how she knew.

"She came everyday and asked about his condition with a heavy expression on her face, you'd think she was his mother," she went on as if answering my question.

I looked to the ground and smiled, all I could think about last night was Taehyung. I didn't think about how she knew or why, but it's obvious it was for me.

"You're close to him aren't you," Avaria said, it was half a statement and half a question. "Yea, I guess," I looked off down the hallway.

"I'm sure you wanna see him thus second but can I ask one thing of you before you do," I looked at her face, she looked tired and her eyes were earnest. "Can you ask him who hurt him, without that I can't help him but he won't tell me."

I hate when people expect too much from me because I don't like letting them down. I simply answered back "I'll try" before standing up.

"I'll take you" Avaria said before leading me to a room.

I walked in slowly and stopped in front of his bed, he was asleep. I figured he needed his sleep and just pulled the visitors chair up to the side of his bed.

I stared at his face for a long time, it was bruised and scratched but still somehow beautiful. I leaned over laying my head on his bed and just closed my eyes.

I had wanted to sleep with him since the last time I got to and a nap didn't sound that bad.

I reached my hand up for the warmth on my head but it pulled away as soon as I grabbed it. I looked up at Taehyung, happy to see that he was awake.

"Sorry" he said as he held his hand against his chest. "What" I asked confused. I smiled as he told me about his habit of ruffling his fingers through hair that he had gotten from his dog always sitting with him.

I told him about the big things that had happened while he was out, or atleast the ones I knew, I didn't get out much.

It was nice talking to him for the first time in what felt like forever. We talked like we normally would, we ignored the facts about where we were and just smiled and laughed together.

I was telling him about a new meme that went viral. It was stupid like the rest but funny.

I flinched as I felt my butt vibrate and remembered that that's where I had my phone. I finished talking before checking what it was. It was a reminder from Avaria.

We hadn't talked at all about Taehyung being hurt so I wasn't exactly sure how to bring it up.

"How are you feeling does it hurt" I asked. "A bit but I'm fine" he answered back and I knew he was just trying to stop me from worrying.

I asked him if he knew who did it but he just brushed it off saying it didn't matter.

"What do you mean it doesn't matter"

"I mean it's fine, don't worry about it"

"How could I not worry"

"It's fine it's my problem not yours"

"But it is, your safety is my problem beca-"

"I said, it wasn't your problem"

"But it is because"

"Fine! Did you know you have a fan club"

...

"See this is why I said it's not your problem. It's not your fault and its not something you need to worry about."

"It is my fault I'm sure but it won't be a problem, and even if it is it's mine too because I love you and it's my priority to make sure that you're safe."

The talk that escalated into a bit of a argument, then back to a talk was now at a standstill, Taehyung didn't know what to say and I just stared at him.

"Taehyung I know it might sound weird that a guy likes you but, can we atleast try to make it work, this is the first time I've ever liked someone." Taehyung was silent as I spoke and as soon as he uttered a sentence I was devastated.

"Sorry, I've never thought of you as more than a friend" he said in a low voice and I couldn't understand. How come the one time I fell for someone they don't like me. Instead of one of the many people that do, I fell for him.
Why?

I was sad, desperation and anger took over me, "why were you like that to me back then?" "Why did you make me fall in love with you?"

"I'm sorry" was all he answered back and all he had to. He didn't have to be sorry but because of who he was, he was.

"I'm gonna go" I said as I stood and began leaving. "I'll try" he said I stopped but didn't look back. "Come back in three days and I'll give you a proper answer. In the meantime I'll try to think about whether or not it's possible for me to see you like that."

Once he finished talking I walked out the door. I didn't say a word to him or anyone else. I just walked home, alone with my thoughts.