07

Jungkook POV

"...like that?"

I woke up sweating in bed. I dreamt the same nightmare that I did every night.

I slumped out of bed and got dressed, I put on a T-shirt and jeans, just an average outfit.

I reached out for my backpack and noticed my wrist. It had already been a week since that night and was now Friday. I already got the stitches out and my arms were getting a lot better.

I grabbed my backpack before heading downstairs and sitting at the table. I ate one of the barely warm pancakes and tossed the rest in the trash.

I headed to school right after I put the dish away. I was happy to go to school recently because instead of being alone I could hang out with Taehyung.

I would get to school about as early as I could and just wait for Taehyung. We would hang out till the Bell rang and then we would meet back up again at lunch time.

Honestly it's been so many years since I had someone I called a friend and I've never really had a real friend, so I can't help hoping that Taehyung will be my first real friend.

I laugh a lot when I'm with Taehyung. He just makes me feel comfortable and safe and my guard just naturally falls.

I pushed my way to the main gate as school let out. I was about to walk out when I was pulled back by someone holding my hand. I pulled my hand away and looked back. Taehyung was standing there behind me with his hand out.

"Hey Taehyung" I said turning my body towards him.

He pulled his hand back and began talking, "I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my house today?" It didn't come as much of a surprise to me since he'd been hinting at it all day.

I still wasn't mentally prepared to go over to anyone's house. "How about you come over to my house" I suggested, I didn't want Taehyung to think I didn't want to hang out with him just cause I didn't want to go to his house.

A big smile spread across his face and I smiled a bit as well. "Follow me" I said as I walked out the gate. He followed after me and didn't stop talking till we reached my house.

I grabbed the key from my backpack and unlocked the door. Taehyung followed behind me silently as we walked in then up the stairs to my room. "Welcome" I said in a grand tone as I opened the door before ushering him into the room.

He looked at all the stuff around my room while I went and sat on my bed. I got bored of waiting and called out to him, "so what do you want to do?"

He stood there thinking harder than he should have and I couldn't help but smile. I got off my bed and walked over to the closet "do you wanna play some games?" I said as I revealed a large amount of board games.

"Yea" he said excitedly as he walk over to me. I grabbed a couple of games and set them on the bed. "What do you wanna play first?" I said turning to him.

He grabbed the game of jenga and sat on the floor. I sat across from him as he opened the brand new game. I was happy he wanted to play them, they were old but unopened because I never had anyone to play with.

We played a couple of different games and were playing a card game when I heard a strange noise. I looked up to Taehyung and he looked embarrassed. "Hungry?" I asked and he just nodded his head.

I got up and walked out the door to my bedroom. I took a few steps before realizing Tae wasn't gonna follow me. I popped my head back in the room "c'mon" I said and he got up.

I went to the kitchen and started looking through what there was. "Want some cereal?" I yelled to him. He yelled back "yea" and I grabbed two bowls.

He came and sat down at the table and I sat next to him handing him his cereal. I took a bite before looking to his face, he looked oddly sad for just getting a bowl of food.

"You saw the pictures?" he simply answered back "yea." "Do you wanna know" I said and he quickly answered "yes" then fumbled over saying "if you don't mind."

I never told anyone before it's not like it's a secret or anything but no one cared to know. I told him all about how I lost my father at four and how my mother has been trying to keep our lives together. He sat eating his cereal listening to every word I said from the facts to my feelings.

It felt good to talk about it, I didn't dare utter a word about it to my mother, she already had enough to do, enough to worry about.

Taehyung finished his food and set the bowl in the sink before coming back to his seat. He laid his head on the table and just stared at me. I looked away out of embarrassment, I can't stand having people stare at me.

"What!" I said looking back at him. "You're so strong" he said staring straight into my eyes.

I looked away again and he kept staring at me. "Stop" I yelled with a huge smile of happiness and shyness on my face. I put my hand out trying to block his gaze.

He smiled big and let out a giggle before stretching "wanna go play again?"

I looked down to the cereal that I was almost finished with, "head up before me" I said as I showed him the cereal. He did as told and headed up the stairs.

I finished my food and as I set my bowl down in the sink I heard the door open. I walked into the living room.

"Welcome home mom" I said as I saw her in front of the door looking through the mail. "Go grab the groceries" she said holding out the keys to me.

I grabbed all of the bags in one go making it a struggle to close the trunk door. I set the bags on the table and was about to head back upstairs when my mom called out to me.

"Do you think you can put them away I'm really tired" she said staring me in the eyes. I felt bad for Taehyung having to wait but I knew how tired my mom was when she got home from work so I put away the groceries.

When I was about halfway done Taehyung came walking down the stairs. "Sorry Taehyung I have to put away groceries" I said loud enough for him to hear. "If you told me you had company I would have done it myself" my mom butted in.

"No it's fine, nice to see you again miss" he said as he walked over and shook her hand. "I actually have to go now, I forgot to tell my mom I was going to a friends house and I had my phone on silent so she's kind mad at me for making her worry."

Everyone exchanged goodbyes and Taehyung left. I continued to put the groceries away while my mom sat reading the mail.

She didn't say anything but from the smile on her face and the boring spam mail in her hands I could tell that she was happy I brought over a friend.

I headed back upstairs as I finished. I walked in expecting a mess but the games were already put away.

I fell onto my bed and grabbed my phone looking at it for the first time in hours and lost myself and all grasp of time to it.