Chapter 4

I woke with a jolt, I felt like I was sinking into the mattress. I heard a grunt, I turned towards the noise, it was Blake rolling over towards me. I quickly closed my eyes just in case he woke up. There I was tense with my eyes closed with Blake beside me wrapping his arms around me pulling me into his chest, shirtless may I add. Once the snoring was steady and constant it was safe to get up and make my way out of his house. I had no idea where he lived or how I was going to get home. I just knew I couldn't stay in that house with someone who practically turned me into a punching bag and than once I had the bruise on my cheek he changed. He started acting like he cared.

--------

I rolled over continuing to 'snore' once I wrapped my arms around Ivy's waist I realized how tense she was. Did she not want to be here? Once she became relaxed I was about to get out of bed. Though she then removed my arm from her I realized she was planning on leaving while I was 'asleep'. I hen got out of bed following her once she opened the dirt almost shutting it I finally said something.

"What are you doing?"

A look of fear appeared on her face, she whimpered closing her eyes. Why is she so scared? I took a step closer and she turned around and bolted running in the opposite direction. I grabbed her wrapping her in a hug rocking us back and forth, her tensing, wet tears soaking my shirt, her trembling in my arms. I've never seen her so weak and frail. She couldn't possibly be a fighter at the arena.  She's so frail, breaking down at the faintest sounds. I picked her up carrying her back to my house. Her shivering in my arms, pushing her face into my chest.