Walking & Shopping

Grabbing our things, we left the cafe, saying goodbye to Mel who had now calmed down considerably. Tom shrugged on his black quilted jacket before holding my blue parka up for me to slide in to.

I took him for a walk through the meadows first - a large green area in the middle of the city. Walking hand in hand along the cherry blossom tree lined path - their blooms falling delicately to the ground, several landing in my hair as they did. Tom stopped, laughing slightly and gently pulling them from my curls - a smile on his face the entire time. He looked me in the eye when he was done and gave me a gentle kiss, full of love, before lacing his fingers with mine once more as we continued our walk. 

"This place is beautiful, Em. It's gorgeous." He spoke as we sat down on a bench, admiring the view before us. I crossed my leg over the other and leant in to Tom, his arm wrapped around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him. He smelt wonderful and I felt his body heat radiating. "It is. This is the view from my window," I pointed to the window high up over the street, "over there."

Tom followed my gaze, "It must be quite the view to wake up to every morning. That would never get old."

"You should try it." I said. His head spun round and I winked at him, grinning.

"Oh, I intend to." He smirked back, kissing my forehead before standing up and offering both his hands to me. I gladly accepted and he pulled me up from the bench, keen to continue our walk.

Our walk lasted most of the day. Tom being stopped a few times by people wanting a photo or autograph. He graciously accepted every time and his patience was impeccable - especially with one girl who was incredibly nervous around him. I loved seeing this side of him, seeing him with his fans. He did truly appreciate them and being stopped didn't phase him at all.

I guided him to the Grassmarket so we could grab some dinner. "Look at all these pubs," Tom laughed, "And Scottish people wonder why they get a reputation." He teased. "Hey!" I retaliated - his sly smile let me know his plan had worked, "We're not all drunken bums you know." I swatted his arm but he only pulled me closer as we walked along the cobble street.

"I know darling, but there's this one girl in particular who's a very sexy bum." His hand slid into my back pocket, giving my bum a squeeze making me squeal.

"Come on you," I kissed his cheek, "in here." I grinned pulling him into a small, dimly lit pub. 

"Evening folks," the bartender greeted us, "Any table you like." He offered, letting us know we didn't have to wait to be seated.

We found a table tucked in the corner by the bay window and sat down. Our dinner was eaten in amongst light conversation.

"So darling," Tom began as he wiped his mouth with his napkin, placing on his empty plate, "What else are you planning to do with me the rest of the week?" He smirked, wiggling his eyebrows as he rested his chin on his hands.

I laughed at his suggestiveness, a light pink gracing my cheeks as my mind wandered - I could tell he noticed. "Well tomorrow I was planning to go get a dress for graduation. I've been saving some of my wages for a while, but I totally understand if you don't want to come wi..."

Tom cut me off, resting his hand on mine over the table, "I'd love to come darling." He shuffled closer to me and lowered his voice, "What could be better than getting to stare at you in dress after gorgeous dress." He nuzzled his face into my neck as he spoke, placing the lightest of kisses on the delicate skin there.

I cleared my throat as he ever so gently nibbled where he had just kissed, "Come on, let's get you home." I spoke, grabbing his hand and practically dragging him out the pub - much to his amusement.