Tour

Viv and I sat chatting for most of the afternoon. After days of not talking as often as we were used to, we had a lot to catch up on.

"So, how's uni?" I asked her, sipping my coke as we sat in a busy little cafe in the centre of town. Viv swallowed the bite of her lunch, "It's going really well, actually. I'm finding a real love for it all again." She smiled.

"Aw, that's good. Really good, hun. I was a bit worried when you weren't going to your classes last term."

"And you? All Tom jokes aside, how's the placement?"

I grinned as I replied, "It's, it's absolutely amazing. I know for definite now that this is what I want to do. It's just so interesting and I've met so many amazing people."

She smiled, realising how genuine I was being, "There's a different spark to you down here - I noticed it as soon as I saw you in the station." She paused, contemplating her next words, "You're more you, if that makes sense. It's like you've come alive in the space of a week."

"I feel bad for saying this, it feels like I'm slagging everyone back home off. But I do feel happier - this is what I'm meant to do." I said as my phone buzzed, sliding slightly on the table. The screen lit up, '1 New Message - Tom.' I grinned and Viv didn't need to ask who it was.

I finish at 4 darling girl, and I'm free all evening. What's up? xxx

I typed my reply quickly, apologising to Viv who waved me off.

Do you fancy playing tour guide to Viv and I? Then dinner's on me :) xxx

The bubbles appeared straight away, meaning he was typing a reply.

It'd be my pleasure. Where shall I meet you both? xxx

I smiled as Viv asked what was happening.

"Well Viv, we appear to have found ourselves a tour guide for the evening. How do you fancy that? I asked her and her face kit up immediately, "That sounds awesome, Em!" She was literally bouncing in her chair with excitement, "ooh, I'm excited now!" Then she realised what she said, "I, I, I mean, not that I wasn't before. I was excited to spend time with you to, it's just..."

I burst out laughing at her rant, "It's just you want to meet the movie star..." I feigned offence, "In with both feet Viv. In with both feet." I laughed as I typed my reply to Tom.

We'll head back to the hotel to get changed first, meet you at the Punch & Judy in Covent Garden at 5? That enough time for you? xxx

We stood up, leaving the cafe. It was 3:45pm and we'd need to get back to the hotel to freshen up and get ready for our evening, then get back to Covent Garden to meet Tom.

"This is going to have to be a quick turnaround, Viv. We don't have much time." I said as we linked arms, heading back.

Plenty time. I will see you both then xxx

We both changed quickly. Viv opting for skinny jeans, a navy batwing top and leather jacket with knee high boots. "Who are you trying to impress?" I teased her as she headed to brush her teeth.

"It doesn't hurt to make a bit of an effort. You never know who you might meet." She winked as she closed the bathroom door, laughing.

I decided to go for the new dress I had bought earlier. I felt good in it - it was tight enough to show off my curves without being skin tight. I kept it casual, teaming it with my white converse and denim jacket.