"Alex, when are you going back to London?" Nate asked, and everybody turned and looked at her. She looked like she had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

"Uh...um, soon" she said with a smile. I frowned. Uh huh. I picked up my glass of wine and took a discreet sip before sitting a tad bit taller.

"So, tell us Scarlett, we hear you guys are trying to get pregnant" Mrs. Hatford said and everybody went still. Except Nate and I as we both choked on our drinks.

Alex giggled quietly as Andrew passed me a napkin to wipe the wine off my hands.

"My parents cannot wait for a grandchild, isn't that right babe?" Andrew asked with a small smile thrown my way and I smiled tightly. Everybody seemed to be content with that answer, including my parents, while Nate was very still on the chair.

"What a surprise, darling!" my mother said, clapping her hands and grinning at my father

"Oh, yes a surprise indeed" I said with mock excitement. Then I felt something under the table. A quick touch and I jumped a bit. Andrew looked at me, with a frown but turned back to continue talking to the family. I had tuned everybody out by now. I had to straighten up a bit to realize what was happening. The high table had a long white tablecloth that covered most of my lap, and under the table Nate had decided to place his warm big hand on my left thigh. The mere touch had me clearing my throat and a small warming feeling spread through my body.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I turned a bit towards Andrew, so I could cover Nate's hand under the tablecloth, but I allowed myself to enjoy his warmth. I then put my left hand under the table cloth and pressed his hand against my thigh. I stole a quick glance at Nate, who had a smug expression on his face while he sipped his drink and stayed in silent. As we were sitting on a round table, Nate's body parts were perfectly concealed by my body and the tablecloth, and the mere thought of him doing more than touching my thigh just made my heart speed up.

As if he read my mind, his hand started to go up, and I opened my legs impulsively. I tried to keep my composure, but it was almost a torture as Nate's fingers skimmed up my outer thigh and then slowly to my inner thigh, the place I yearned to be touched. I took a deep breath quietly and I felt myself flush and my cheeks heat up quickly. I had moved my hand from Nate's and both hands were not grasping the

chair, my fingertips turning white. I was so grateful Andrew seemed to be very interested in what my father was saying that he didn't pay attention to the way I was behaving. Nobody really was.

Then, as bold as Nate was, his fingertips skimmed up, pulling my short dress skirt up, and I felt my eyes widen as I felt his fingertips pulling the delicate fabric of my lingerie aside. My body was pulsing, I was hot everywhere, and I couldn't breathe.

"Scarlett, are you okay?" Alex asked across the table and I felt Nate retract his hand slowly, so he wouldn't call attention. I stole a glance at him before smiling at Alex, and everybody else as they had stopped talking to look at me.

"I am perfectly fine. If you all excuse me, I'm going to the lady's room" I said slowly before I stood up and walked out of the dining room.

Praying under my breath, hoping nobody followed me, I rushed out to the foyer where the host was standing, waiting for more clientele to come in.

I stood there, trying to catch my breath. My face felt warm, so flushed. But what I wanted was to have Nate's hands on me, touching me in places I couldn't even bring myself to admit. I took a deep breath and leaned against the pillar, the cold stone feeling marvelous on my hot skin. All I could think of was my desperate need to touch Nate, to kiss him, to say his name as he had his body pressed against mine.