Chapter 15

Felicity was walking on a cloud when she entered the foundry the following afternoon. From her position coming down the stairs she caught a glimpse of Roy and Diggle sitting across from one another but she couldn't quite determine what they were up to. Once she reached the bottom, it was pretty hard to miss.

"Man, I almost had you!" Diggle exclaimed excitedly, slamming one hand onto the table for emphasis.

Roy chortled. "Please. You weren't even close!"

"Best of five?" Diggle suggested.

Rolling his eyes, amusement evident in his voice, Roy replied, "We could do this all day and the result would still be the same. I win. You lose."

Felicity shook her head as she walked past them. Men! "Good morning, boys," she called, while dumping her coat and purse.

She heard a chorus of "Hey" coming from their direction before they locked eyes and raised their forearms again.

"I'll be with you in a sec, Felicity," Diggle said, "I just need to show this kid who's still got it."

Grinning Felicity stood and watched as Roy, with hardly any effort at all, slammed Diggle's hand to the table.

"You were saying, old man?" Roy teased.

Diggle scoffed, rubbing the back of his hand absently. "If we ever get that super soldier serum out of you, this would be a different ball game."

Roy shrugged, his eyes twinkling with mischief. "Since that's not the case right now, just admit it, I'm better than you."

Diggle laughed as he stood, punching Roy good-naturedly on the shoulder. "In arm wrestling? Never. You have an unfair advantage."

"Oh, come on!" Roy moaned. "What happened to best of five?"

"I'm taking a rain check. There's a lady present and it's bad manners to ignore her," Diggle laughed, walking over to sit beside Felicity.

Roy grinned, grabbing his red hoodie and walking toward the stairs. "Later!"

Felicity smiled at Diggle. "Looks like the two of you are becoming fast friends."

Rolling down the sleeves of his light blue shirt, his lips tilted up slightly at the corners. "He's a good kid. A little reckless and impulsive at times, but he's learning."

Felicity switched her tablet on. "That's thanks to all the work you guys have been putting in. It's paying off," she said, looking back in the direction Roy had disappeared in.

"So, you still haven't told me about your evening with the DA."Diggle's tone was teasing.

Thinking back on the moment at her apartment door, Felicity couldn't stop the colour that seeped into her cheeks.

"Oh," Diggle grinned. "It's like that."

Smiling secretly, she replied, "It's not like anything. But I did have a good time." She turned slightly in her chair. "Dig, he's…incredible. Smart, attentive, a gentleman-"

Diggle interrupted, "So he didn't take any unwanted liberties?" Always her protector, he watched her closely.

Felicity shook her head, warmed by his concern.

Satisfied, he smiled slowly. "In that case, since when does a gentleman make a woman blush like that?"

Felicity nudged his shoulder with hers, unable to stop smiling. "Let's just say that he knows how to make a woman feel wanted."

Diggle hooted with laughter. "Good for you, Felicity."

She pushed her tablet back slightly. "I have a boyfriend who is issueless, Dig" she said, grinning foolishly. "I need to de-drama my life. This is the first step." She flopped back in her chair happily.