Part 6

"This love is glowing in the dark"
_____________________________

"I forgot how much playing Exploding Snap with James pisses me off," Albus grumbled, flopping onto the couch beside Scorpius.
"I thought Rose asked you to come and kiss me, not complain to me."
Albus grinned, all the annoyance sliding of his face, and traced a finger along Scorpius's cheekbone. Albus loved Scorpius's cheekbones. And his eyes, deep brown, so dark compared to his pale hair. And his nose. Albus leant in and rubbed their noses together. But his lips, Albus thought as Scorpius, tired of waiting, grabbed Albus by the collar and kissed him fiercely, those were something else.
"Mmph," Scorpius mumbled as Albus climbed into his lap, slipping slightly so his knee dug into Scorpius's thigh.
"Sorry," Albus mumbled back, but Scorpius just slid his hands around to Albus's back, holding him close.
Albus bit Scorpius's lip and Scorpius stifled a moan. Interlocking their fingers, Scorpius eased them off the couch and towards the staircase leading to Albus's bedroom.
Albus glanced back at the sitting room to check whether anyone had noticed their disappearance. Only Dom seemed to - she mouthed 'get in' at him, and he wiggled his eyebrows at her before practically dragging Scorpius up the stairs.
Albus slammed the door behind them, engulfing them in darkness, and pushed Scorpius back onto the bed, Scorpius who laughed breathily and raked a hand through Albus's dark curls, Scorpius whose smile made Albus happier no matter what, Scorpius who with one touch could set Albus's body on fire.
"I love you," Albus said softly, knees on either side of Scorpius, hands planted by his face. "More than anything."
Scorpius's smile faltered and he sat up, pulling Albus into a fierce hug, clutching at his back, legs wrapped around his waist, and Albus held him just as tightly, screwing his face up to stop the tears from falling because sometimes - all the time really - love could be overwhelming.
"I love you too... I love you more than anything."
Albus dropped a butterfly kiss on Scorpius's cheek.
"I love you more than books and Gobstones." Albus's voice was muffled against Scorpius's shirt.
Scorpius smiled. Albus couldn't see it but he could feel it.
"I love you more than muggle movies and the Malfoy ring dad gave me."
Albus closed his eyes, remembering how proud Scorpius had been the day Draco had given him the ring, how he'd overheard Scorpius asking his father for another ring one day, when he was older, to give to Albus.
"I love you more than coffee and the drawing Lily drew of me when she was six," he said, and Scorpius laughed, a wet laugh, stained with unshed tears.
"That drawing... Merlin, Lily should win an award for that. And you're the artist in the family." Scorpius rubbed a lock of Albus's hair between his fingers. He paused to think for a second. "I love you more than those fake glasses you gave me after we first started dating and the friendship bracelet Rose made for me when we were eleven," he said eventually, and Albus felt a tightness in his throat.
"I love you more than music and that green nail polish you bought for me and the smell of your hair and the way I can tell you anything. I love you more than everything Scorpius, and at the same time I don't because you are my everything."
Albus was sobbing by the time he finished and Scorpius had tears streaming down his own cheeks, the salty droplets catching on Albus's hair. They both gave great shuddering breaths at the same time, and broke apart, laughing shakily.
Albus looked at Scorpius. His first boyfriend, his first everything, though he knew he certainly hadn't been Scorpius's first. The love he felt for Scorp was like a fire burning inside him, bright and hot, and it kept him going when he thought he needed to stop.
"Feel better?" Scorpius asked, and Albus smiled a small smile to himself because somehow Scorp had known he needed to say all those things without him even hinting at it.
"With you? The best."

A/N
What do you think so far?
Which relationship - romantic, familial or platonic - is your favourite so far, and why?
Thank you so much for reading!
Love,
Cate xxx