Part 2

"These hands had to let it go free" 

______________________________

"Hey Dom," Lucy whispered to her older cousin. "I've got a party tomorrow night and I was wondering if you could do my makeup and help me pick out what to wear."

Dom frowned. Lucy was the youngest of all of them, only 12. Victoire and Teddy were 23, Dom herself 19, Molly, Lucy's older sister, also 19 (Percy and Audrey had been divorced for a number of years before getting back together and having Lucy), James and Fred 17, Rose, Albus and Scorpius, Albus's boyfriend and a family friend, 16, Roxy 15 and Lily, Louis and Hugo, the closest in age to Lucy, 14. However, Lucy managed to fit in with her older cousins despite the age difference, and had always been especially close to Dom.

At Lucy's age, Dom had gone to lots of parties, had even gotten drunk once (a big mistake, her father had been furious) but Dom had always felt a fierce protectiveness towards the sweet little Hufflepuff and so she said, "A party? What sort of party? Lucy, you really don't want to go to those parties, they're bad news."

"I know. I won't do anything, it's just there's this boy I like..."

Alarm bells were ringing in Dom's head.

"Woah woah woah! Luce, no parties with boys, alright?"

"Dom, I'm the same age as you were when you went to your first party," Lucy reasoned. "And I'm nothing like you! It's not like I'm going to get drunk and have sex like you did."

Dom was stung. Was this how her youngest cousin saw her?

"Oh no, Dom, I didn't mean it like that. It's just- look, the boy I like is Lysander so there's nothing to worry about there, and I don't like alcohol anyway." Lucy squeezed Dom's arm, reading her emotions as always.

"How do you know you don't like alcohol?" Dom asked suspiciously.

"Remember when James dared me to steal dad's beer at Christmas last year?"

Dom laughed, recalling the face Lucy had made and James and Fred's laughter.

"Yeah, I remember. Fine, I'll help you get ready. What time should I come over?"

Lucy grinned at her.

"About six. Thanks Dom."

"Anytime babe." Dom smiled, before leaving Lucy to chat with Hugo and darting off to talk to Molly about whether or not their parents knew about Lucy's party.