Part 3

"This love is good, this love is bad"

_________________________

Molly walked at the front of the group, swinging her arms by her sides rather awkwardly but not really caring because all her cousins were far behind her.
She couldn't stop thinking about Sasha, her girlfriend - ex-girlfriend now - and they weren't all good thoughts.

A few days ago she'd gotten a text from Sasha asking if she wanted to hang out, which had surprised her because they'd been in one of their off periods, after a fight the previous week. Her younger sister Lucy had been wary and told her to be prepared for a breakup, and the thought of that had upset Molly more than she'd thought it would. She'd always told herself that what she had with Sasha wasn't serious. She knew she was Sasha's first ever girlfriend, that Sasha's parents didn't even know they were dating, which was never a good sign. She also knew that there was no one else she could talk to like she could talk to Sasha, no one who made her laugh as much, and when they had sex, which admittedly hadn't happened for a while, it was so much better than the boys Molly had fucked in high school.

On the day Sasha had suggested they hang out, Molly got to her house late, as usual, feeling strange greeting Sasha's parents at the door. They never usually spent time at Sasha's place on account of her supposedly homophobic parents. But that day they did, and Sasha led Molly up to her bedroom, strangely nervous, which was a very un-Sasha thing to be. They'd sat down on Sasha's bed, Molly at the foot, trying not to think about the first time they'd slept together in this very bed, when Sasha's parents had been out and they'd only been dating for a few months and hadn't broken up yet, and Sasha sat leaning against the head of the bed, fiddling with the golden fringe of an intricately patterned blue pillow.

"I'm pregnant." That had been the first thing Sasha had said.

For a second Molly had panicked, thinking she was going to be the mother of a child with a girl she wasn't even sure she loved. Then she'd remembered that as they were both girls, it was physically impossible for her to have impregnated Sasha. After that it hadn't taken long for her to yell at Sasha for cheating on her, say she never wanted to see her again, and storm out of the house. She'd gone straight home and collapsed in her mother's arms, who'd stroked her hair and not quite known what to say but had been there anyway, which had been enough for Molly. And then her father had gotten home and had made the situation so awkward Molly had started laughing, which had caught on and her younger sister Lucy had walked in to her family gasping for breath through tears of laughter. It had turned out to be quite a good day, especially when every single one of her cousins had called her to say they loved her after Lucy had told them about the breakup, and Molly had gone to bed that night feeling warm inside. But something had been nagging at her ever since.

"Molly?" It was Dom, hurrying to fall into step beside her, and Molly forced a smile as her cousin linked her arm. "Are you okay? You're crying."

Molly hadn't even realised and she blinked back more tears as Dom swiped a thumb under her eye, her finger coming off black from Molly's mascara.

"I was thinking about Sasha," Molly said thickly.
"Oh no, sweetie, why would you do that? You've cried over her enough. She's not worth it."

"I know. I know. But I just can't help thinking that maybe I did the wrong thing in leaving her to raise a kid on her own. Her parents aren't that supportive and- and the guy who's the father doesn't sound so great either so I feel-"

"Molly," Dom began hesitantly. "The day after you and Sasha broke up- you remember how your phone went missing when we were all hanging out?"

Molly did remember. It had been just her, Dom, Lucy and James, a strange mix, but they'd been talking easily and avoiding the subject of Molly's pregnant girlfriend, and Molly had been enjoying herself.

"Yeah, I do..."

"Well..." Dom took a deep breath, as if steeling herself to say something she knew she'd regret. "Lucy took it and hid in the bathroom and called Sasha and, well, basically she's decided to get an abortion. Not Lucy," Dom added quickly, as though that was the thing Molly had to worry about.

"What? But does she want to? Or is it just because she doesn't know how to manage a baby? Merlin,  I should call her."

"I don't know, Molls, but isn't it good that your ex-girlfriend isn't pregnant anymore?"

Molly blanched.

"She got it done already?"

"What's going on?" It was Lucy, and Molly rounded on her immediately.

"How dare you call my girlfriend and discuss her pregnancy behind my back?! Lucy you- what the hell were you thinking?! Now she's getting an abortion, which is all well and good except I know Sasha and I know she'd never want one if we were still together and she's just doing this because she's scared-"

"Molly, no she's not. She told her parents, and they talked it through, and she decided it was the best thing to do. It was her decision, and not one made rashly or out of fear and I can't believe you'd just assume she made a stupid decision. I know Sasha as well, and she's not really one to be reckless. So I'm sorry I called her - you're right, I shouldn't have done that - but I was just worried about you, and about her." Lucy said all this pleadingly, even the part about Molly making stupid assumptions, and Molly wondered how her little sister was going to get through life without someone breaking her for being so kind.

Molly exhaled and pulled Lucy into a hug.

"Thank you, for checking in on Sash. I think I'll call her - not to get back together or anything-" Molly said when Dom and Lucy looked like they were going to protest. She stopped for a second as she noticed how alike Dom and Lucy looked. Way more alike than her and Lucy. Molly had short blonde wavy hair, and Lucy long straight brown hair only a shade lighter than Dom's. And though Lucy and Dom were nothing alike personality wise, right now their expressions of worry for Molly were almost identical. "Just to see how she's going and if there's anything I can do," Molly continued. "I mean, she was my girlfriend and if it was me, I'd want her to be there for me."

"Sometimes I wonder how you were put in Slytherin," Dom said, shaking her head.

"What, because all Slytherins are mean and selfish?"

"No, because Slytherins are known for usually - not always, I'll give you that - thinking only about themselves. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. I don't know, I just don't think I'd do the same thing in your situation. She did cheat on you," Dom finished.

"Well Slytherins are also known for being extremely loyal to the people they choose," Lucy said, and Molly smiled at her.

"I'll talk to dad first anyway. His girlfriend cheated on him when he was at Hogwarts so he knows what it's like," Molly said.

"Speaking of talking to parents, Molly, I was wondering whether your mum and dad knew about  the party Lucy is apparently going to tomorrow?"

"What party?" Molly said, turning to glare at Lucy, who cowered.

"Why does my family actually have to care what I do with my life!" Lucy exclaimed in exasperation.

A/N

A slightly longer chapter - I hope you like it!

Please add this story to your library, and leave me a comment :)